Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:06 AM

425 posts, read 1,105,048 times

Advertisements

it has been freezing and windy here in Ct. and it was darn cold when we were in florida
I hope it warms up here and down there, I hate the damn cold, I have bad circulation and the freezing cold doesnt help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Whining in with a blustery 46 on LBK at noon.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
We feel your pain. We had 8 today as well. AND wind. I was hoping it would have warmed up by the time I came out of work. Nope. Just as cold at 4 as it was at 7:30.
Where you at? Must be close to us in Wisconsin!!

Ahhhh Whoooweee! You cold weather guys complain all the time, just like everyone does down here when the weather drops a couple of degrees!!!!

I know its all a smoke screen! Everyone is just looking for an excuse to cuddle!! And it doesn't matter if your up in MN, NY, MA, or TX, CA, or FL! And, Man am I greatful that I'm aways warm!! Ladies, I await!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:17 AM

594 posts, read 3,436,756 times
My city columbus georgia it is currently 32 degrees right now with a low around 28 degrees.And there saying friday we could see some snow likely accumlation may be possible to a dusting to 1 inch to 2 inches or more. But dont know for sure at the moment because there still tracking the low in the gulf of mexico that is suppose to bring us the snow likely.To be trueful I really dont want it to snow here in west central georgia Im so tired of this cold weather im ready for spring and summer to roll in.And i know the people up north where it is a lot more colder and snows more they probably are also ready for spring and summer to roll in also.Even though it still gets cold here in georgia and alabama I wish I was in miami florida right now enjoying the hot weather and enjoying the beach.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam 5 View Post
My city columbus georgia it is currently 32 degrees right now with a low around 28 degrees.And there saying friday we could see some snow likely accumlation may be possible to a dusting to 1 inch to 2 inches or more. But dont know for sure at the moment because there still tracking the low in the gulf of mexico that is suppose to bring us the snow likely.To be trueful I really dont want it to snow here in west central georgia Im so tired of this cold weather im ready for spring and summer to roll in.And i know the people up north where it is a lot more colder and snows more they probably are also ready for spring and summer to roll in also.Even though it still gets cold here in georgia and alabama I wish I was in miami florida right now enjoying the hot weather and enjoying the beach.
Miami is currently 45* with the windchill it's 41*. The high today is only expected to be 65 which I'm sure is warmer than GA, but still not beach weather for most of us anyway. Cheer up, You could always be up in Buffalo with Beerme1! Buffalo has to be one of the coldest places in the northeast! You could also have to shovel another foot of snow in the DC beltway again today. See? Columbus, GA is looking pretty good right about now, isn't it?

Old 02-11-2010, 04:29 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam 5 View Post

It was 39 degrees this morning in Orlando. Even colder the further in FL and inland. It maybe got up to 60 today - maybe.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:03 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
Miami is currently 45* with the windchill it's 41*. The high today is only expected to be 65 which I'm sure is warmer than GA, but still not beach weather for most of us anyway. Cheer up, You could always be up in Buffalo with Beerme1! Buffalo has to be one of the coldest places in the northeast! You could also have to shovel another foot of snow in the DC beltway again today. See? Columbus, GA is looking pretty good right about now, isn't it?
People in Miami have never heard of "wind chill." But people in Buffalo and the North East certainly know what it is!

Old 02-12-2010, 12:39 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
When I moved to Florida in 1994, everyone told me to give away all my winter clothes. I gave a lot to Goodwill, but I kept some sweaters and a couple of jackets. This winter people have been complimenting me on my "new sweaters" so they apparently still look good. I can't remember a winter in the past 15 years when I wore sweaters for such a long period.

It is currently 49 degrees in Port Charlotte, probably reached 60 Thursday, but it was sunny. Tomorrow (Friday) will be warmer than today, around 65, but it will be rainy. Saturday night it's supposed to drop into the 30s again. We've been getting a lot of rain for the winter, but that's good, since we need it. From what I've read, El Niño has a tendency to make South Florida winters cooler and wetter than normal. (Had to copy & paste El Niño to get the ñ.) Guess it's also to blame for all the snow in Maryland & other parts of the country this year.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
It was 39 degrees this morning in Orlando. Even colder the further in FL and inland. It maybe got up to 60 today - maybe.
Yeah but it still gets colder here in georgia than what it does in orlando.By the way were not used to this snow but were getting 2 to 4 inches of snow today and possibly in some areas around town could see 6 inches so we are not use to this either here in georgia.Because here in west central georgia we may see snow every five to six years but was lucky the past two years we saw snow here in west central georgia these past two years. Just go to youtube and type in columbus georgia snow and you will see the snow storm that blew there the area on march 1, 2009.And also northern florida like destin and penscola and tallahassee could see some snow flurries today too but not sure.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
South floridas weather isn't comparable to georgias weather during the winter.Georgia and alabama seem to get a little colder than florida in the winter months.Your forgetting georgia and alabama have mountains which seem to stay colder during the winter than the rest of the state.Florida does not have any mountains.And as far as washington dc im glad i dont live up there because the people are stuck up and rude I love the south better.thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area