Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 02:25 PM

657 posts, read 1,788,254 times

Advertisements

i am getting settled slow but sure . we love where we are staying for now. hope to buy in summer but not sure... still checking out the area. we are in east bradenton for now. i like the country feel and how close to 75 we are and sarasota..
we have made some nice friends. and my husband has been able to find work. he started with construction.. he didnt like that to much with the heat. he was in a ditch 4ft of water. in the 90 degree plus heat. being from ct it was hard to take so he found something else. and we know how lucky he is to have found 2 jobs.
Me on the other hand... i thought finding a salon to work at would be so easy. lol. i havent found one yet. had some i have looked at but not for me and im still looking. hopefully soon. i am also looking into being a home companion. i think that might be a great part time thing esp while im building a clientele.
my girls have adjusted soo well here. its like they have always lived here. i even am picking up a hint of southern accent in my 7 yr old.. funny, she pronounces words like top and not and on very different now.. i love it!
I cant wait to get into a great salon and start building my clients back up. if anyone knows of a nice little salon that is family like and laid back that would like the friendly, energetic creative me.. let me know. lol.

Last edited by hdzup3; 11-11-2009 at 02:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 04:42 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Hi!

I'm glad your husband has found some jobs, and at least one he likes. It is great after all this time, that you're down here now, and celebrating the holidays (soon)! It is nice to hear success stories. I am still waiting for you to land someplace! My hair is getting aweful long! I'm starting to look like I'm an old hippie! j/k (its not that bad)

Your girls are going to be little southern belles! That's cute!

You struggled for years to get down here - as winter approaches, I'm sure you will appreciate it more and more. Now tell me - looking back - It seemed like it was never going to happen, that every day never ended, it was an eternity when you were going through the waiting process. But, looking back now - doesnt it seem like it was a short microburst? Some others here have been going through some of the same things you went through, I'm sure they would love to hear you give them some encouragement, and guidance that they should stick it out - it will happen won't it . . . !

And, good luck on finding a home - there are still plenty out there. I remember you worrying that all the good deals would be gone before you finally got down here and settled in.

I'm really happy you finally made it - You know that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
i am getting settled slow but sure . we love where we are staying for now. hope to buy in summer but not sure... still checking out the area. we are in east bradenton for now. i like the country feel and how close to 75 we are and sarasota..
we have made some nice friends. and my husband has been able to find work. he started with construction.. he didnt like that to much with the heat. he was in a ditch 4ft of water. in the 90 degree plus heat. being from ct it was hard to take so he found something else. and we know how lucky he is to have found 2 jobs.
Me on the other hand... i thought finding a salon to work at would be so easy. lol. i havent found one yet. had some i have looked at but not for me and im still looking. hopefully soon. i am also looking into being a home companion. i think that might be a great part time thing esp while im building a clientele.
my girls have adjusted soo well here. its like they have always lived here. i even am picking up a hint of southern accent in my 7 yr old.. funny, she pronounces words like top and not and on very different now.. i love it!
I cant wait to get into a great salon and start building my clients back up. if anyone knows of a nice little salon that is family like and laid back that would like the friendly, energetic creative me.. let me know. lol.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:57 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,584 times
I'm happy too. I was wondering where you went! Keep up the search and take care of your family. I wish you all the best as you still settle in a bit more.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:41 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
I'm so glad your kids like it down here and you're settling in nicely. It does get hard working out in the heat and it's a bit of an adjustment. My husband says it better to work in the heat then the snow though.

I would think it might be easy to find a job in a salon as well. The salons I go to are very busy. I bet once you land somewhere and pick up some clientèle you'll stay pretty busy.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:18 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
HEYYY Hdzup!! It's been a while.. last I heard I thought you were headed towards Northport! Where are you now? Where are the girls in school??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area