U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 5,714 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Sarasota next year and am looking for a two-bedroom apartment to rent in Sarasota or one of the nearby keys. I’d appreciate any recommendations on the following (based on my priorities below):
• Names of apartment/condo complexes you’d recommend
• Names of neighborhoods/streets you’d recommend
• Names of rental agencies that handle long-term rentals (I’ve only been able to find vacation rental agencies)

Here are my priorities:
Close to Sarasota Memorial Hospital (1700 South Tamiami Trail). No more than a 20 minutes’ drive away, preferably less.
2 bedrooms, 1.5-2 baths, unfurnished but with appliances (washer/dryer/dishwasher).
Close to the beach. I want to live up my one year in Florida and take full advantage of the Florida beaches and weather while I'm there. I guess to me that means living within in walking distance or a few minutes’ drive to the beach. Or living on famous Siesta Key or another key. Being able to bike to a beach or park. Easy access to nice outdoor venues.
Newer or recently renovated (inside). I’m not looking for character, just something plain, boring, clean, and not run down. I like the generic rental-standard white walls and beige berber carpet. Someplace that doesn’t have old tile in the bathrooms or kitchen appliances from the 90’s.
Apartment, condo, or townhome. I don't want to deal with a yard.
Attractive neighborhood. You know, just a neighborhood that looks nice—the homes aren’t run down, people take care of their yards, etc.
Safe. Low crime, safe to walk around at night.
No private owners. I would prefer to find a complex run by an agency so maintenance and other issues are dealt with through a management office, not the owner.

Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 09:30 AM

4,845 posts, read 13,241,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP6923 View Post
I will be moving to Sarasota next year and am looking for a two-bedroom apartment to rent in Sarasota or one of the nearby keys. I’d appreciate any recommendations on the following (based on my priorities below):
• Names of apartment/condo complexes you’d recommend
• Names of neighborhoods/streets you’d recommend
• Names of rental agencies that handle long-term rentals (I’ve only been able to find vacation rental agencies)

Here are my priorities:
Close to Sarasota Memorial Hospital (1700 South Tamiami Trail). No more than a 20 minutes’ drive away, preferably less.
2 bedrooms, 1.5-2 baths, unfurnished but with appliances (washer/dryer/dishwasher).
Close to the beach. I want to live up my one year in Florida and take full advantage of the Florida beaches and weather while I'm there. I guess to me that means living within in walking distance or a few minutes’ drive to the beach. Or living on famous Siesta Key or another key. Being able to bike to a beach or park. Easy access to nice outdoor venues.
Newer or recently renovated (inside). I’m not looking for character, just something plain, boring, clean, and not run down. I like the generic rental-standard white walls and beige berber carpet. Someplace that doesn’t have old tile in the bathrooms or kitchen appliances from the 90’s.
Apartment, condo, or townhome. I don't want to deal with a yard.
Attractive neighborhood. You know, just a neighborhood that looks nice—the homes aren’t run down, people take care of their yards, etc.
Safe. Low crime, safe to walk around at night.
No private owners. I would prefer to find a complex run by an agency so maintenance and other issues are dealt with through a management office, not the owner.

Thank you!
I'd check craigslist for my neighborhood, Hillview area; there are condos south of me on the way to Siesta Key & great condos on the key but on/off siesta is no party Novebmer -April.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 AM

513 posts, read 1,137,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I'd check craigslist for my neighborhood, Hillview area; there are condos south of me on the way to Siesta Key & great condos on the key but on/off siesta is no party Novebmer -April.
Could you elaborate more on your comment of "but on/off siesta is no party Novebmer-April."

I'd be interested in hearing your full comments on that.

Thanks.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy46 View Post
Could you elaborate more on your comment of "but on/off siesta is no party Novebmer-April."

I'd be interested in hearing your full comments on that.

Thanks.
Siesta Key can only be acessed by two bridges: Midnight Pass on the south end & Siest Key on the north end. The island itself is split into two main cross the island roads that go south/north & only one main road in/out of what we call "the village" where all the cute shops,clubs,restaurants are...

When it's tourist season, the traffic is very, very, very slow on the island as well as getting off the island or onto the island. Plan accordingly. For example: we can get from my house Hillview/Osprey to Siesta Key beach in 15 minutes. During "season" it could take 30-40 min depending on traffic...

Old 11-18-2009, 06:21 AM

Thank you for the neighborhood suggestion! I'll include Hillview in my searches.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:15 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,427,920 times
have a look at www.stringermanagement.com who specialize in rentals and no I do not work or have any links with them!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
have a look at www.stringermanagement.com who specialize in rentals and no I do not work or have any links with them!
Peter--A very belated thank you for the suggestion. I really appreciate it. I don't care if you own the place--I just need some leads!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:27 PM

Just re reading your post, if you're working at SRQ Memorial & have to take call, most likely, you will not be able to sleep at home on call nights if you live on Siesta, Lido or Longboat key due to proximity issues/time restraints. You would want to be on the landside of the bridges.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM

9 posts, read 14,721 times
Default Annual rental

Try, Craigslist, Sarasota Bradenton, Loads of rentals, some have pics too. good luck

Old 01-13-2010, 10:26 AM

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area