Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 PM

383 posts, read 1,023,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwaymore View Post
I dont mean this the wrong way but, out of curiousity, do you have multiple tatoos and piercings or anything like that? I saw your picture profile so I kind of doubt it....you look like a normal guy to me.

All of the on-line and hard-print job services consistently show openings so they've got to be hiring somebody.

I dont mean to imply the job market is great, I know it's terrible...but somebody's got to be getting hired....
non-visible tatoos and the 30 yr. old pierced ear has'nt been in use since disco went out,but who's counting.Still they do'nt call for an interview,and I heard they have to accept applications every so often ,(large retail businesses) so they say they are hiring,(window ad,or classified ad) hand out applications for a week or so,but do'nt hire anyone when the process is done So on a happier note,who can make it to the Lock & Key(Englewood Beach) for HAPPY HOUR Friday 12/11?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 06:38 PM

383 posts, read 1,023,870 times
Yahoooo! The wife got a job today! Whew! I thought we were gonna have to stop eating for awhile or something like that ! LOL Just kidding but she was very concerned that it might take a very long time to find something,and it was starting to look that way too. Now if I can find something we can afford to go to one of these meet-ups and have a cold one (DARN I ca'nt find my emoticons)

Old 12-08-2009, 10:07 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum wannabe View Post
Yahoooo! The wife got a job today! Whew! I thought we were gonna have to stop eating for awhile or something like that ! LOL Just kidding but she was very concerned that it might take a very long time to find something,and it was starting to look that way too. Now if I can find something we can afford to go to one of these meet-ups and have a cold one (DARN I ca'nt find my emoticons)
god bless!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,788,855 times
Quote:
Wow! The wife and I have been pounding the pavement,and the keyboard(PC),and the classifieds, trying to find just a part-time job, to suppliment my pension (POCKET-MONEY) and it's amazing how many places wo'nt even let you put in an application! Times are tough eh?
Just now noticing?

I know some folks, with degrees in technical fields no less, that have been trying since it began in 4th quarter of 2007. Yup 2 years without good work in their field. Some with as much as 20-25 years experience.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 AM

55 posts, read 135,073 times
Great news beachbum and congratulations!

I've been following your story for some time and have been rootin' for ya.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,765 times
Quote:

Great news! Congratulations to you both, I know it's been a long time coming. I see a congratulatory drink in our future Friday night (12/11) at "The Lock" - I'll be there at the bar around 5!

Yeah!!!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 PM

164 posts, read 383,150 times
Good for you. I know many in the area are hurting.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:08 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
Congrats to mrs.beachbum!!! Now, y'all lift one (or two) to me and mr.cool tomorrow night at the Lock 'n Key. Toast to our blizzard.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:48 PM

330 posts, read 1,084,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwaymore View Post
I dont mean this the wrong way but, out of curiousity, do you have multiple tatoos and piercings or anything like that? I saw your picture profile so I kind of doubt it....you look like a normal guy to me.

Why, you think he's scaring people? haha

Old 12-11-2009, 08:17 AM

55 posts, read 135,073 times
People make snap judgements about folks with ink and piercings.

Not saying they're right/wrong to do so, just a statement of fact....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area