Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 PM

383 posts, read 1,024,301 times

Advertisements

Hey BH,havent heard much from you lately, other than the football- betting fiasco with mr.cool a couple days ago Whats goin on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum wannabe View Post
Hey BH,havent heard much from you lately, other than the football- betting fiasco with mr.cool a couple days ago Whats goin on?
I think BH is in hiding after that EMBARASSING preformance by the Browns, opps I mean Ravens... The Packers showed them how to really play defence We are practicing our beer drinking and Grouper eating (we are in training)

Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Mr and Mrs. Cool! Are you in FL, right now? I've been thinking about you. Your state is getting slammed with snow. I saw it on the news this morning.

Anyway, just thinking of you and hoping that you are okay!

Old 12-09-2009, 04:21 PM

301 posts, read 1,154,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Mr and Mrs. Cool! Are you in FL, right now? I've been thinking about you. Your state is getting slammed with snow. I saw it on the news this morning.

Anyway, just thinking of you and hoping that you are okay!
Our home state of MI is getting it right now as well. Cools, throw me a snowball!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvelte View Post
Our home state of MI is getting it right now as well. Cools, throw me a snowball!!!
That's right! You are from Michigan. At least you are not up there with the baby.

I'll tell you what. I lived with blizzards almost my entire life and that storn looks horrible. I was hoping the Cools were in Florida for the holidays. I hope they are okay.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:29 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Yeah, and I'm headed "up north" in search of snow in about a week or so! I've never seen snow so this ought to be interesting. I wanted to see it but probably not blizzard conditions.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM

383 posts, read 1,024,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Yeah, and I'm headed "up north" in search of snow in about a week or so! I've never seen snow so this ought to be interesting. I wanted to see it but probably not blizzard conditions.
Blizzard conditions is the ONLY WAY to see snow!!! You will really learn to appreciate Florida weather that way! You should bundle-up and go to a sledding hill somewhere before you leave there, if there is enough snow.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Yeah. That's a whole lot of snow, all at once.

My inlaws came up to visit us last weekend. It almost never snows in Knoxville, yet they flew in with about one inch on the ground. Of course, it melted in about a hour. But it was fun for them to see. They flew over the Smokys. They are originally from Chicago, but it has been decades since they lived up there.

You'll have fun, SoFlGal!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times
Oh, we're back alright. We were in Florida for Thanksgiving, and it was in the 50's HERE!! THEN we come back, and two weeks later we have a blizzard!!!
We had no power from sometime during the night last night until 8 this morning. I didn't go to work today, which means I HAVE to go on Friday, which I usually have off!! This REALLY sucks.
I'm going to attempt to attach pictures. Notice I said "attempt"....
mrs.cool
Attached Thumbnails
BIG HOUSE where are you?-p1000285-1.jpg   BIG HOUSE where are you?-p1000286-1.jpg   BIG HOUSE where are you?-p1000287-1.jpg   BIG HOUSE where are you?-p1000288.jpg  

Old 12-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Oh, we're back alright. We were in Florida for Thanksgiving, and it was in the 50's HERE!! THEN we come back, and two weeks later we have a blizzard!!!
We had no power from sometime during the night last night until 8 this morning. I didn't go to work today, which means I HAVE to go on Friday, which I usually have off!! This REALLY sucks.
I'm going to attempt to attach pictures. Notice I said "attempt"....
mrs.cool
That's a lot of snow.

Penny Zabel, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Sullivan, Wisc., said blizzards are not particularly rare for the time of year, though the concentrated amount and the breadth of the storm made it so powerful.

“The size of the storm covering much of the country is much more rare,” she said, explaining that the entire system was not only bringing snow, but rain and thunderstorms extending to the Gulf Coast.

The storm dumped ice, snow and rain throughout the Midwest, from Nebraska to Illinois, but like Wisconsin, Iowa also recorded a record snowfall. In Des Moines, where 12 to 15 inches of snow fell, it was the second-largest December snow on record, the most since 1888, the state climatologist, Harry Hillaker, told the Des Moines Register.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/10/us...rm.html?ref=us

Last edited by hiknapster; 12-09-2009 at 06:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area