Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM

5 posts, read 9,432 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about moving to Florida in a year or so. Sarasota is one of my top choices. Can you help with some info about the real estate and choice neighborhoods.

Is there an area in Sarasota (or surrounding area) that has older cottage/bungalow style homes? maybe closer to downtown? If Sarasota is not good for that sort of thing, do you know of any other areas that might have that.

I'm 40, single, work from home. Looking for a place with good restaurants, a nice downtown, safe, etc. I know there are lots of retirees down in that area, but I'm sure there is a good mix the closer to downtown you get, right?

Any help or guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,658 times
Cool Moving to Sarasota, FL

Great Decision!

I am a real estate professional living and working in Sarasota. Sarasota can certainly meet, and exceed your expectations!

Please feel free to contact me and I would be very happy to provide you information about the real estate, as well as all the other wonderful benefits of living here...the weather, sunshine, fine dining, beaches...to name only a few amenities...

Old 12-11-2009, 03:08 PM

5 posts, read 9,432 times
Thanks for the quick reply. I would love to talk to you at some point. For now, can you point me to some neighborhoods or streets that you think might meet what I'm talking about?

Old 12-11-2009, 08:40 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69869607 View Post
I'm thinking about moving to Florida in a year or so. Sarasota is one of my top choices. Can you help with some info about the real estate and choice neighborhoods.

Is there an area in Sarasota (or surrounding area) that has older cottage/bungalow style homes? maybe closer to downtown? If Sarasota is not good for that sort of thing, do you know of any other areas that might have that.

I'm 40, single, work from home. Looking for a place with good restaurants, a nice downtown, safe, etc. I know there are lots of retirees down in that area, but I'm sure there is a good mix the closer to downtown you get, right?

Any help or guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated!
Laurel Park & Southside Village

Old 12-11-2009, 09:00 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Laurel Park & Southside Village
I think Lady is right on with her recommendation

There's always something going on in the downtown area. Southside Village, which is the area west of US 41 and just of Main St and north of Siesta Dr. It's also close to the hospital. Right over the bridge is Siesta Key Beach or if you go over the John Ringling Bridge you have Lido Beach. The only problem is that nothing comes up when you search under SouthSide village because it's kind of a locally used term for that area but in the MLS they have that area broken down into a ton of little subdivisions. I'll list some here so you can look through and see what you find. There's GWIZ,Mote Marine, Selby Gardens, Jungle Gardens are all within minutes of downtown. Every Saturday they have the downtown Farmers Market. Then there's the Hollywood20 Movie theater and The Burns Court Cinema, which has some really cool foreign films. Burns Court and Towles Court are neat little villages that are great to spend the afternoon catching a bite to eat or doing a little shopping. Selby Library is a fantastic library right in the heart of downtown. A great little organic grocery store is Morton's Gourmet Market, Southside Village, Sarasota, Florida. Marina Jack’s is always great for an afternoon out, a picnic under the trees or a leisurely walk by the bay Welcome to Marina Jack.

Some of the downtown neighborhoods are:
The neighborhoods are:
Hyde Park
Hartland Park
Poinsettia Park
Floyd & Cameron
Riverwood Park
Ridgewood
Granada
Laurel Park
Bayview
McClellan Park
Oyster Bay Estates
Bungalow Hill
Aqualane Estates
Graham Heights
Burns Court
Hartsdale
Cherokee Park
Badger Heights
Paradise Shores
San Remo Estates
Harbor Acres
Avondale
Mandarin Park
Morton Terrace

Most of the above are known as a whole as the Southside Village neighborhood. I listed a few that are on the fringe of that area. Here's some more info on the downtown area:

Home
Sarasota Florida Downtown | Shops Downtown, Sarasota Hotel | Downtown Restaurant | Sarasota Rental
Downtown Merchants Association of Sarasota
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area