Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 12:33 AM

15 posts, read 24,571 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I'm 25 years old and have lived in Ohio all of my life... I'm graduating from professional school in a year and I am seriously considering moving out of Ohio once I graduate. I think the south may be a good spot for me. I've been to Sarasota and Pensacola for vacation before- I def. liked Sarasota....My girlfriend and I have listed some things below that we are looking for

Nice weather
Low crime (and safe for a female to walk around alone)
Nice area (scenic, activities, shopping, good restaurants etc..)
Area where avg household income is $50k plus
Nice people
Within a few hours of the coast (coast would be nice, but not keen on hurricanes)
Nice, newer housing that is steady or growing
Single family homes that are around $250k or so
Pet friendly (dog people, dog parks)
Good schools
Within one hour of a major airport

I am hoping that someone will be able to give me some great ideas and advice on places I should visit and check out to consider moving to that may match most of my ideas.

Thanks so much everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 07:39 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,816,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeduke View Post
Hello all,
I'm 25 years old and have lived in Ohio all of my life... I'm graduating from professional school in a year and I am seriously considering moving out of Ohio once I graduate. I think the south may be a good spot for me. I've been to Sarasota and Pensacola for vacation before- I def. liked Sarasota....My girlfriend and I have listed some things below that we are looking for

Nice weather
Low crime (and safe for a female to walk around alone)
Nice area (scenic, activities, shopping, good restaurants etc..)
Area where avg household income is $50k plus
Nice people
Within a few hours of the coast (coast would be nice, but not keen on hurricanes)
Nice, newer housing that is steady or growing
Single family homes that are around $250k or so
Pet friendly (dog people, dog parks)
Good schools
Within one hour of a major airport

I am hoping that someone will be able to give me some great ideas and advice on places I should visit and check out to consider moving to that may match most of my ideas.

Thanks so much everyone
My first thought would be the Palmer Ranch area-Turtle Rock, Stonebridge, The Hamptons, Deer Creek, Huntington Pointe. It's pretty close to Siesta Key Beach which is one of the best beaches in the world. It's right next to the Sarasota Square Mall and great YMCA with a kids water park. The homes are newer and kept up well. Lots of my friends that live in there have animals. The closest dog beach would be about 25 minutes away-Brohard Beach in Venice by Sharky's Restaurant. It's less than 10 minutes from Pine View School, which was just ranked the best public school in the state of Florida by US News and World Report. Pine View is a public school that requires an IQ of 130 and special testing. It's within an hours drive of the Sarasota/Bradenton Airport.

Another idea, which is just a little farther south is Rivendell or Willowbend in Osprey.

The only issue that I see is price. It might be a little difficult to find something in those neighborhoods in that price. If you keep a look out you might be able to find a foreclosure in one of those neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area