Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 05:03 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,514 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where to find photography classes for people who are learning how to use DSLR cameras?

There used to be a Wolf Camera here in Venice, and I think they held classes there. But unfortunately, its gone.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm willing to go as far as Sarasota or Port Charlotte.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,493 times
I thought I saw a Wolf camera north of Nokomis 0n 41 headed north in a small shopping center. I couldn't tell if it was open, but it looked like it.
I too am getting started with a DSLR- a Nikon d40x. I used to be a wedding photographer as a sideline several years ago.
you might want to check on junior college and high school continuing education classes

I was just down there for the weekend, looking to buy a home and hope to be down there soon on a permanent basis.
Good luck with your search and keep me posted if you find anything.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:54 PM

383 posts, read 1,023,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
Does anyone know where to find photography classes for people who are learning how to use DSLR cameras?

There used to be a Wolf Camera here in Venice, and I think they held classes there. But unfortunately, its gone.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm willing to go as far as Sarasota or Port Charlotte.

Thanks.
My wife and I might be interested in this too. If anyone knows of classes in the area.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:05 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,915,473 times
Sarasota Understanding Exposure Photography Class

Photography Workshops and Classes

Sarasota On Assignment Photography Group & Events (Sarasota, FL) - Meetup.com

Ringling
NOW ENROLLING:
Spring Classes and Workshops: January 16 to April 18, 2010.
Download a copy of the SPRING 2010 Community Art Catalog [pdf].
Please note the following schedule changes for SPRING:

PH401, Digital Photography will meet on TUESDAYS, January 26 - March 16

Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,662,576 times
I honestly don't know if they have classes, but there's a large digital photography (and imaging software) user group in Sarasota.

It might be worth a look.

Dimage - It's all about images!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area