Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 05:08 AM

12 posts, read 31,344 times

Advertisements

We just bought a house that has tile flooring and the grout is disgustingly dirty. We want it cleaned and sealed before moving in. Can anyone recommend someone? Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 06:55 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,621,518 times
Elbow grease!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:46 AM

33 posts, read 156,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
Elbow grease!

I have been there and done that. I have bought grout cleaners at Home Depot and Lowe's (very expensive). Do yourself a favor and save money and use dish soap and window cleaner. Use a stiff bristle brush HOT water and elbow grease. Use old towels and whip up the wet dirt and grime as you break it lose with the brush. There are no magic cleaners to make this stuff disappear believe me. Time and hard work and you will be amazed at how much better your grout lines will look. Seal that grout after you get done and the grout lines are good and dry.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:29 AM

12 posts, read 31,344 times
I am not talking about a small section of a bathroom, I am talking about 1,000 sq ft which I need cleaned within 10. I don't have that kind of free time on my hands.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:05 AM

917 posts, read 2,603,013 times
We have a member in the area that does floor care. I don't know if he cleans grout://www.city-data.com/forum/members/ecbs-383786.html

Old 12-22-2009, 08:45 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,146,151 times
Stanley Steemer does grout cleaning/sealing.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:01 AM

208 posts, read 609,212 times
Really, it doesn't take that long to do it yourself. I used "tilex bathroom cleaner". Didn't even have to scrub it. Then buy the sealer from home depot. You can apply it to just the grout or the entire floor. 1,000sq ft is nothing. It will only take you a few hours total.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,509 times
I live in Fort Myers and my wife called a company that's actually up your way to come down here and clean/colorseal our tile and grout. They're out of Bradenton and are called Sir Grout. She's extremely happy with their work (and as a result, I'm very happy as well...lol). SIR GROUT - GROUT & TILE CLEANING SERVICES is the site, looks like the phone # for the Bradenton location is (941) 870-2648. Good luck! I have about 1,600 sq. ft. of tile in my house and I wasn't about to undertake that myself, either.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:57 AM

913 posts, read 2,351,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Really, it doesn't take that long to do it yourself. I used "tilex bathroom cleaner". Didn't even have to scrub it. Then buy the sealer from home depot. You can apply it to just the grout or the entire floor. 1,000sq ft is nothing. It will only take you a few hours total.

I like using oxygen bleach. It works great with little effort. I poured it on, waited about 30 minutes, then gave a qiuck rub with a Scotch Bright pad. Then I mopped with water. It worked great.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:00 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
know this is old thread--but for someone who IS cleaning a lot of tile--just remember that sealing tile--vs natural stone like terrazo--does not work--TILE normally is sealed with a finish that should be impervirous to sealers or in-depth cleaners--
the sealer just sits on the surface of the tile and might try unevenly --it won't soak into the grout and prevent staining like a grout sealer is supposed to do

when my new tile floor was laid at my TX house--they sealed the grout/seams twice--but wiped off anything that was on the tiles themselves...they said it wears off unevenly if left to dry on tile surface
same with the new tile in the bathroom--seams yes--tile no--

granite for example IS a natural stone and WILL STAIN thus should be sealed/re-sealed about every other year depending on what you clean it with on daily basis and its use factor...some granites are harder/softer (some are not technically really even granite) than others and their stain factor does vary--must most granites should be monitored
in fact I need to get a good product and reseal my kitchen countertops --
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area