Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 04:01 PM

657 posts, read 1,782,591 times

Advertisements

Hi to all my city data friends.. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
this is our first christmas in florida... i dont miss the snow and cold one bit!!! i am so happy to beable to walk around my neighborhood at night and see all the beautiful lights.. and be warm and no coat!!
life here is treating us well so far. we love it!!!

wishing you all many blessings for a very happy new year!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 04:45 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,825,883 times
Merry Christmas hdzup3!

I'm glad you and your family have settled in nicley here. Good to hear you're doing well

Can't wait to come back to FL and ditch the coat myself!

Old 12-24-2009, 11:30 PM

473 posts, read 1,163,179 times
Ohh you Floridians... Merry XMas to you all!

Old 12-25-2009, 06:06 PM

475 posts, read 896,080 times
Merry Christmas to all you blessed Floridians. My contract with my employer is going to mediation in 10-12 months. No early retirement this year. Oh well ,it will give me more time to pay down debt and save money. Hopefully the job situation will improve also!

Old 12-25-2009, 07:35 PM

249 posts, read 439,324 times
Merry Christmas to all.... and Happy new Year

I hope 2010 will see me with you, I am trying hard to sell my property, have just been victim of an attempting ripoff, not too much harm (a bit though), but I have to start back to point one. .

That stopped all my plans, but it could have been much much worse.

Anyway, I can see how chilly it is in Sarasota , I am already cold here , used to be a lizard!!!

See you soon, let's cross our fingers and toes.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:01 AM

164 posts, read 381,402 times
2nd Christmas here in SWFL. Warm weather not such a shock this year. Wish my family was here, but we appreciate things like putting up lights in short sleeve shirts & 80 degree weather. Took kids to Busch Gardens & got that Christmas feeling kick started.

Still funny to see Holiday parades going on at night in places like Venice

Went to lighted boat parade in Port Charlotte but boats seemed too far away, so we caught the Sarasota Boat Parade on TV & that was cool.

Listened to "Christmas Island" & the "Florida Florida" christmas song on youtube

So, Merry Florida Christmas to you too. Different, but not so bad...

Old 12-26-2009, 08:09 AM

383 posts, read 1,019,391 times
Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year too! Got so busy last night ,i did'nt get a chance to log on. Hope the Day was a great one for all.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:45 AM

657 posts, read 1,782,591 times
Default it will happen.. i promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwyna View Post
Merry Christmas to all.... and Happy new Year

I hope 2010 will see me with you, I am trying hard to sell my property, have just been victim of an attempting ripoff, not too much harm (a bit though), but I have to start back to point one. .

That stopped all my plans, but it could have been much much worse.

Anyway, I can see how chilly it is in Sarasota , I am already cold here , used to be a lizard!!!

See you soon, let's cross our fingers and toes.
I was in the same situation last year and here i am.. it took us 17 mos to sell.. i was so greatful for citydata to get me thru and have made some wonderful friends here. if it wasnt for them i wouldnt have been so strong.
its so hard to want something so bad and have no idea when it will or if it will ever happen.. but keep praying and staying positive..
we love it here... so happy..
i remember wishing soooooo hard!!
where are you living now?
best of luck to you and wishes for a happy 2010 (in florida!!)

Old 12-28-2009, 11:01 AM

249 posts, read 439,324 times
Thanks a lot for cheering me up .

I live in Cancun, Mexico, thus the I-am-always-cold and when I see Sarasota is in the 60s at night... brrr...

I know I need to be strong, maybe I will come for a month before selling, to start the visa process or at least start my network.... not sure yet, but I already found very friendly people, that helps a lot . I know deep it WILL happen! Thank you so much.

I will login here more as I recover from the shock.

See you soon

Old 12-28-2009, 03:06 PM

4,892 posts, read 14,085,540 times
I actually saw the coolest light show in Venice across the street from my friend's grandmother's home. People came from miles around, the property, was huge & had lighted characters from childhood story, a huge tree made of lights, everything blinked on & off & it was like being in a light show in Orlando. My friend said these people had been doing the lights like that for years. I took some pics & will post when I develop my throwaway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area