Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:55 PM

913 posts, read 872,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I noticed it in Lakeland, but not here. Maybe a little more conservative in Bradenton. Sarasota is actually pretty liberal, with a lot of "New Age" religions, etc.

'new age' and 'religion', contradiction in terms?

Old 01-03-2010, 04:13 PM

66 posts, read 190,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
I see it the most in Venice due to the large elderly population. I feel Sarasota is definitely a mix of religious, non religious & everything in between. I'm in the non religious camp & I enjoy the environment in SRQ. It's definitely more liberal, relaxed & open minded.
I've noticed that Catholicism / evangelical Christianity is common among younger residents too.....not uncommon to see big ol' SUV's with Jesus fish on them around south county.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,078 times
Doesn't matter which church you don't go to
May you and your God go with you

Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 PM

595 posts, read 761,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuild View Post
Well, I will jump in. Being a born again Christian and living here most of my life. I find there are alot of Christians here in this area. We will continually be pushed underground ( by the politically incorrect crowd) But we are not going anywhere. Bring up CHRISTS name to a neighbor and see what they say.
Thank you Jesus! I'm not going anywhere. From what I hear, God plans to take over this city! Come Lord Jesus Come! In fact God is planning a City wide Christian revival, being held in the Stadium. All are invited, every denomination or not a denomination. Praise and Worship the God of all creation! Anyone with an instrument can play! Anyone with a voice, Sing! And if you think you can't sing, clap and dance for the joy of the Lord! Halleluyah!

Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 AM

325 posts, read 1,023,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Oh, so if someone doesn't agree with your christian views they are politically incorrect?! Yup, I was waiting on a post like this...
You know what I meant There are a few people who have made it there mission to attack Christian views. It does not hurt my feelings at all. I am very strong in my faith.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:07 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Around the Bradenton/Sarasota area of course with Bradenton being moreso than SRQ?

I think if your comparing with Tampa/St Pete, they seem a bit more conservative and less tollerant of differences out this way and a bit more bible belt oriented. This is how it seems to me, but I figure Id ask. I consider myself agnostic/atheist and I just notice its a bit more christian here. Not necessary even strictly southern christian, I mean with the midwest ppl who move here too it seems it.
Like I go to Goodwill and shop or Salvation army and I see T shirts more often that have church names on them or activities in the church + I get the vibe many of the older daytime thrift store shoppers are older and possibly christian. Thoughts?
Can't believe what you have been subjected to. All those used Church shirts. They pracically force poor people to wear them. Thank God, sorry I mean god, for the aclu. They'll fix this right up.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 AM

49 posts, read 94,403 times
The American Civil Liberties Union is a group, dedicated to enforcement of the US Constitution. Every patriotic American should join and be an active participant in this group. Anyone who speaks against the ACLU is, by definition, speaking against the Constitution.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:44 AM

268 posts, read 1,067,072 times
BWAHAHAHA! Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska to Florida View Post
The American Civil Liberties Union is a group, dedicated to enforcement of the US Constitution. Every patriotic American should join and be an active participant in this group. Anyone who speaks against the ACLU is, by definition, speaking against the Constitution.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
ACLU - 'dedicated to enforcement of the U.S. Constitution'. LOL LOL LOL ah haa he he hahaa sure! that's their purpose. LOL

Old 01-04-2010, 11:04 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving texAss View Post
LOL at "Dearbornistan MI." i grew up in the detroit area and my friend there tells me "horror stories" about the middle east invasion. i would strongly urge those christians here who want to establish a national religion, to beware. one day, christianity will be the minority religion and then we will all be forced by law to bow to mecca thrice daily. but don't blame me, i'm a devout atheist....
As a DHS grad, I was not surprised at the terrorist's choice of airlines (Christmas Day)...in fact, I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned Dearborn as a place on interest as it is supposedly the largest Arab community in the U.S. However, I think the U.S. once again, screwed up big time since the terrorists family had alerted us prior to that flight. We're the knuckleheads on security these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area