Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 09:20 AM

24 posts, read 50,521 times

Advertisements

That took a while. I started poking around on about moving south about a year ago, and in May we decided to really go for it. Our house here in Ohio had a ton of activity but no one bit on it, until Christmas Eve. So that ended up being a nice present.

Yesterday we got our offer accepted on a home right exactly where we wanted in Sarasota. We had a previous offer fall apart this summer, and last week we had an offer rejected because someone else swooped in with a better one, but this house was obviously meant to be.

Our new place is a very well done flip gone horribly wrong for the seller. He's probably going to lose $100 grand on this one, by my guess. The owner is a rich guy, 80 years old that I guess just likes to do these things, but he's taking a bath on this one. But that's just all the better for me. We got a good deal on it, it's almost entirely new all the way around (even roof and AC), it's in a lovely area, 10 minutes to Siesta Key, 6 minutes to our good friends, A-rated schools for our daughter. The only real "downside" is that we will have to add the pool, but we are blessed to be able to afford that so we'll also have a brand new pool.

Couldn't be more pleased. It is 16 degrees here today, we have about 18" of snow in our yard. My hands hurt from the cold and I'm running an electric heater in my office. My daughter has bronchitis. We are so thrilled to be getting out of here. Thank God.

Phew. That was a bit of a challenge, but it feels great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Congrats on your move to Fla!

Sarasota is beautiful.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:13 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Congrats on the new home

Old 01-08-2010, 11:07 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
What a great Christmas/New Year's present! Congratulations - the new place sounds wonderful!

Old 01-09-2010, 12:06 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Sweet!

Party at xmetal's house!! I can't wait!

Old 01-09-2010, 12:21 PM

24 posts, read 50,521 times
I'm heading in for a "splash and dash" on Friday the 15th to go through the inspection and all that. Looking forward to a bit of sun. This is going to be a crazy week, with a trip to California Sun-Tues, a quick stay at home, and then back on a plane Friday and back home Saturday. I'm not used to that...

We are excited and after this last week of winter weather, we are ready to say goodbye to this forever.

Give us a while to get the pool in, and I think a party would be an excellent idea.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmetal View Post
I'm heading in for a "splash and dash" on Friday the 15th to go through the inspection and all that. Looking forward to a bit of sun. This is going to be a crazy week, with a trip to California Sun-Tues, a quick stay at home, and then back on a plane Friday and back home Saturday. I'm not used to that...

We are excited and after this last week of winter weather, we are ready to say goodbye to this forever.

Give us a while to get the pool in, and I think a party would be an excellent idea.
Well, this week has been kinda disappointing weather wise for the sun worshippers like me! Fortunately I'm gonna stay for a while! Have a safe trip(s)!

Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times
Congratulations! We are jealous!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area