Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:51 PM

66 posts, read 143,725 times

Advertisements

today i sent the title company contract and wired the cash. looks like i'm a north port homeowner. my concerns:

1. high taxes i heard that they raised them recently.

2. auto smog testing i'm really angry about this scam perpetrated on the american people by EPA thugs. they allow big diesels, ranchers, big-business to pollute but then come down hard on me labeling my 45mpg honda civic, a "polluter". ironically, they'd give me a voucher to buy a diesel pickup. what a bunch of sheite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 02:47 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving texAss View Post
today i sent the title company contract and wired the cash. looks like i'm a north port homeowner. my concerns:

2. auto smog testing i'm really angry about this scam perpetrated on the american people by EPA thugs. they allow big diesels, ranchers, big-business to pollute but then come down hard on me labeling my 45mpg honda civic, a "polluter". ironically, they'd give me a voucher to buy a diesel pickup. what a bunch of sheite!
In Maryland, they have a yearly emmissions test, and vehicle inspections. Of course, they always find something that needs to be fixed that never has any impact on the operation of your car, but always costs you a couple hundred buck, which the auto repair business just love. They don't have that in Florida.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:49 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that smog testing was done away with in 2000. I did read that they wanted to reinstate the impact fees for bringing out of state vehicles to FL though, something they were sued (and lost) over about 15 or 16 years ago.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM

27 posts, read 56,341 times
Well, welcome to North Port. Chill and enjoy you new place. No vehicle emission testing down here like there was in Pennsylvania. North Port did just raise taxes a bit.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 PM

26 posts, read 61,837 times
Default welcome

welcome we too just bought a house in North Port, not down there yet but going down on halloween. Hopefully we can meet on one of the get togethers

Old 10-08-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymelt2 View Post
welcome we too just bought a house in North Port, not down there yet but going down on halloween. Hopefully we can meet on one of the get togethers

Sorry, forgot my manners! Welcome to both of you! We will be having some other meet-ups soon. So far, it has been a great idea.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:47 PM

sounds great. i'm relieved that they don't smog test. however, the stinking EPA is shoving this down the throats of local, cowardly lawmakers threatening them with removal from office if they do not conform. be vigilant for signs of BIG GOV because it will strangle us. smog testing is a scam to take money out of your pocket and put it in the pockets of grease-monkey crooks.

as far as the taxes go, is there a movement to undo this latest tax increase?

Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 PM

oh, another concern of mine is a recent state-wide law which gives cops the authority to confiscate your vehicle if you are 30mph over the limit. that's not hard to do on a motorcycle and sometimes necessary to move away from a herd of threatening autos.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
oh, another concern of mine is a recent state-wide law which gives cops the authority to confiscate your vehicle if you are 30mph over the limit. that's not hard to do on a motorcycle and sometimes necessary to move away from a herd of threatening autos.
So how do you really feel? J/k
Going back a bit, how did you make out with your inspections. Did you have any chinese drywall? You were really concerned about that as I recall.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
So how do you really feel? J/k
Going back a bit, how did you make out with your inspections. Did you have any chinese drywall? You were really concerned about that as I recall.
big house: no evidence of chinese drywall. i was down there the entire month of november fixing and painting my home. i hated coming back to texAss but i have to sell my home here and three motersickles et.... but i hear that the weather has turned ugly down there. i fear that my well might freeze. it was 10º here last night in north texAss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area