Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2 View Post
Ding...Ding...Ding....Okay I think we've got a new winner in the North Port area.

I went to Michelangelo's at Publix plaza on Toledo Blade.

The Sicilian pizza was flat out the best pizza I've had since I left Federal Hill in Providence.

Mikey
Thanks for that tip, Mikey! That's just a few miles from my house. Maybe I'll cruise over tonight and give them a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 03:02 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,743 times
We like Buddy's Pizza off Venice Ave....but am anxious to try some of the others mentioned we haven't had..yummy!

Old 04-22-2010, 03:20 PM

33 posts, read 157,560 times
Fratelli Pizza & Brew Rt 41 Venice Isle's Plaza.(Next to KIA Car Dealership). We love their Pizza. Come to think about it I don't think I have met a Pizza I didn't like.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 PM

48 posts, read 114,206 times
I can not resist on commenting on this... I am a native New Yorker, born and raised in
The Bronx (also lived in Queens) and also Italian, I have been in Venice since 2004 and I have to say hands down for a NY style pizza..... Fratelli's Pizza & Brew in the Venice Isles Plaza on the by pass (just north of the Kia Dealership just across from the AMC bowling alley). They too (Anthony & David- huge Yankee fans too!) are originally from the NY area and in my opinion is the closest to NY style pizza you can get in Venice. The pizza is best when eaten there (some how it is not the same when you take it to go maybe it because you dont have to clean the kitchen LOL). Fratelli's also serves scillian style pizza (not many pizzerias have this in this area).
Scamotz (on Venice Island) is also very good, but it is more of a gourmet style pizza.
Enjoy! buono appetate!

Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia pollatos View Post
I can not resist on commenting on this... I am a native New Yorker, born and raised in
The Bronx (also lived in Queens) and also Italian, I have been in Venice since 2004 and I have to say hands down for a NY style pizza..... Fratelli's Pizza & Brew in the Venice Isles Plaza on the by pass (just north of the Kia Dealership just across from the AMC bowling alley). They too (Anthony & David- huge Yankee fans too!) are originally from the NY area and in my opinion is the closest to NY style pizza you can get in Venice. The pizza is best when eaten there (some how it is not the same when you take it to go maybe it because you dont have to clean the kitchen LOL). Fratelli's also serves scillian style pizza (not many pizzerias have this in this area).
Scamotz (on Venice Island) is also very good, but it is more of a gourmet style pizza.
Enjoy! buono appetate!
That's two votes for Fratelli's now. I'll have to check it out next time I'm up that way.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,656 times
You just gotta try vinnies venice ave next to the soda fountain !!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 AM

879 posts, read 1,953,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
my daughter lives in Nokomis, moved from Venice in May
she orders her pizza now from Frankie's in a little strip center on Tamiami in Osprey
index
it was great the two times I have eaten it--fresh, thin crust but with nice chewy edge...cheese that was real and did not leave a soapy taste in your mouth
and it was still HOT when they delivered it...
some people ordered other things--like hot subs--and they liked them--but I though pizza was great...
my friend who was born in Brooklyn and lived in Chicago before moving to DFW area came down with me one of those trips and she thought the pizza was great as well...
google it and check out the reviews on Google maps...
I live near Frankies in Osprey. Just got here from NY, i'm Italian (2nd gen, almost 1st - my nonna was preggers with dad when she came over! lol). We ordered it moving day for the movers and all of us on recommendation of a neighbor. it was expensive for pizza AND really, not so great. $18 for a 16" pie? For that price it better be some reallly good pizza. It wasn't the worst ever though so we ordered from there a 2nd time but won't order pizza from them again. Maybe I'll try a hero or calzone or something and give them another try.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:37 AM

879 posts, read 1,953,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
Without a doubt the best pizza in VENICE is Amores'. Get a slice, its made different then just a take out pizza. VERY GOOD!!!!!
why? i don't get that. i've only ever seen that since i moved here. Just make a good pizza. I may want the pie, i may want a slice - why are they selling different pizza?!?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 AM

151 posts, read 599,366 times
Buddies Pizza isn't to bad (Venice Ave at Pinebrook) fills up on Friday/Sat nights so go alittle early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area