Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times

Advertisements

I've looked at foreclosures in Sarasota & Charlotte counties, and several had been trashed by the previous owner. Is anyone aware of a case where the new homeowner was harassed, assaulted or the home was burglarized or damaged after the sale of a bank owned house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 08:33 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
I sell many of the foreclosures in the area and I've never heard of anyone coming back after the sale. That's not to say it hasn't happened. I've just never heard of that happening in this area.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM

Thanks, SoFLGal. I looked at a home where all the big windows had been broken & they were boarded up. Nice area too AFAIK, off of S San Mateo.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Thanks, SoFLGal. I looked at a home where all the big windows had been broken & they were boarded up. Nice area too AFAIK, off of S San Mateo.
San Mateo is nice. It's a little more remote than some areas of NP. My guess is that it's kids that are bored, throwing rocks at windows or whatever.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,224,652 times
Of the 4 houses I have owned 2 have been REO properties and 1 has been a short sale. I have never had more trouble than receiving mail for the previous residents.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 AM

325 posts, read 1,023,661 times
Copper wire from A/C unts seem popular these days...

Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
San Mateo is nice. It's a little more remote than some areas of NP. My guess is that it's kids that are bored, throwing rocks at windows or whatever.
Thanks for all the replies. I think this might be even more of a concern. Yes, the setting was a bit isolated. When I was a kid and my friends got bored, we went skating or played volleyball. Sometimes we went looking for berries to pick. However, if I wasn't doing my homework, I was helping my mother with chores around the house, mowing lawns or babysitting for a neighbor. Can't remember ever throwing a rock through a window.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies. I think this might be even more of a concern. Yes, the setting was a bit isolated. When I was a kid and my friends got bored, we went skating or played volleyball. Sometimes we went looking for berries to pick. However, if I wasn't doing my homework, I was helping my mother with chores around the house, mowing lawns or babysitting for a neighbor. Can't remember ever throwing a rock through a window.
Yeah I know what you're saying. The other option would be that because it's isolated someone was looking for something to steal out of it-appliances, A/C, etc. Again, just a guess but windows usually don't break on their own.

In a more populated area this probably would have less of a chance of happening. The less people are looking, the more people are going to push the envelope.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Yeah I know what you're saying. The other option would be that because it's isolated someone was looking for something to steal out of it-appliances, A/C, etc. Again, just a guess but windows usually don't break on their own.

In a more populated area this probably would have less of a chance of happening. The less people are looking, the more people are going to push the envelope.
Yes, most of the appliances were missing, including the light fixtures & smoke alarms. It's a foreclosure on Union. The front door didn't close properly and appeared as if had been forced open.

I realize all of this is negotiable, but safety is always a concern.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Yes, most of the appliances were missing, including the light fixtures & smoke alarms. It's a foreclosure on Union. The front door didn't close properly and appeared as if had been forced open.

I realize all of this is negotiable, but safety is always a concern.
I checked out the pics and you can see that there's only a microwave left in the kitchen. It's quite possible the previous home owners took them before moving out. Heck, I've seen them take toilets, sinks, etc. It could have been the previous owners that broke the windows, you never know. I can tell you that the home was built by Holiday Builders. I've sold many and recognize the layout.

I have friends that live on a few acres over off Imari. They are both attorneys and seem to like living in that neighborhood. And I sold two homes on Enid St in the past few months. One was an older couple and the other was a younger couple with a baby. I keep in contact with both of them and they said they like the neighborhood. Enid is one street south of Union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area