U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 03:15 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,258,796 times

Advertisements

I've been enjoying reading everyone's discussions on the Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice-FL forum for awhile now and have finally registered with CD to post. This particular formum has a helpful, friendly feel much moreso than most others, which I greatly appreciate. It also has some nice relocation stories. Not sure if we'll be relocating to FL in the future, but it's something that my family has considered, and the Sarasota area sounds like a pretty good fit for us.

Thanks, everyone! I'll be around.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 03:22 PM

329 posts, read 730,758 times
agree, lot of good info there,

Old 02-19-2010, 05:16 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,147,598 times
Thank you! I'm glad that we can help assist people in making their choices as to where they want to live. If you ever need any help... don't be afraid to DM one of us or post a thread here asking question. That's why we are all here... to help one another. I do agree that this forum has a lot of friendly people. I hope you stay with us here on C-D for a while.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:53 PM

1,938 posts, read 5,972,999 times
Very true, hope we can all be of assistance.. btw, wherever you live, this place beats it by far!!! Once you get to know everyone it's really quite an addiction. We all have our area of expertise LOL

Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 PM

473 posts, read 1,106,269 times
Well welcome Ragnar! So we know know you love winter in WI Are you visiting SRQ before? soon? again? Welcome. I am really trying to get my wife to retire and move down to Sarasota but so far I have been unable to. What started out as expecting to be there by now has turned into maybe next year, maybe 2012, maybe never I have had it up north, again. My concern is the timeframe goes on too long and the houses we would want to live become out of reach again much as they used to be.
SRQ is a very cool, unique place imo. And the good people on this board will give you excellent advice that you wont find elsewhere.
Now you do need to realize though that you will see both sides of the issues presented here. Sometimes slanted too far one way or the other.
p.s. I agree with you that the posters on here are splendid. Well, 99% of them anyways

Old 02-20-2010, 08:06 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,264,340 times
Welcome to the board Ragnar. There are a lot of great helpful contributors here. If you want to know anything about the area, there is a diverse group here, that have a wide range of interests, and can help in many ways. Some of us, like me, have been helped by advice, suggestions, and first hand experiences of the other posters here. I feel greatful for all the help that I got, when I was looking for information, so I return the help, by advancing the help that I got.

Since then, I have actually met and made friends with many of the posters here, and look forward to meeting more of them as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:53 AM

3,640 posts, read 6,640,094 times
the posters here are indeed splendid pip pip (said in my poshest English voice) especially that Tommy chap and his good lady ! I dont care for that Big House fellow though, drunken flirtatious oaf. Now i am off for my afternoon Earl Grey.

ps welcome to the board, if you hava a sense of humour and like some sarcasm as well you will fit in nicely y'all (whoops theres ma good ol surthern accent agin )

Old 02-21-2010, 07:20 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,264,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
the posters here are indeed splendid pip pip (said in my poshest English voice) especially that Tommy chap and his good lady ! I dont care for that Big House fellow though, drunken flirtatious oaf. Now i am off for my afternoon Earl Grey.

ps welcome to the board, if you hava a sense of humour and like some sarcasm as well you will fit in nicely y'all (whoops theres ma good ol surthern accent agin )

Sheesh! You are instigating things again! Behave yourself. Things have been pretty good here lately! I hope you keep control of that rum medication / tea additive you use.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:19 PM

36 posts, read 53,431 times
[quote=mr&mrssunshine;12989572]the posters here are indeed splendid pip pip (said in my poshest English voice) especially that Tommy chap and his good lady !
Quote:
I dont care for that Big House fellow though, drunken flirtatious oaf.
Hey! I guess I have to come out of hiding. I too resemble that comment. Where can I find more druken flitatious oafs that also fish? We need more like BH. I have been researching this board for months while looking for a condo in PGI or PC. Will be buying water front with a dock I hope. The great thing about life is we are all unique and viva la difference!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:58 AM

3,640 posts, read 6,640,094 times
sparky you will fit in rather nicely SOME of us posters do indeed enjoy the odd drink (though as BH well knows rum or tea are NOT on my list. Now a nice red wine......)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>