U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:03 AM

913 posts, read 2,163,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
As far as the beach distance, you may have trouble finding anything closer in that price range : )
Closer than University Pkwy? I would think you there are alot of condo options for $150K and under within 3 miles of Siesta Key. I know there are 3 for sale in my complex and it takes us 12 minutes (on a good day) to get to Siesta Key. It appears there are 36 2 bedroom condos in the 34231 zip code under $150K. In fact, it looks like two are within walking distance to beach access #13, if you want to walk across the Stickney Point bridge.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 12:41 PM

5,015 posts, read 6,782,667 times
My mother's in an over-55 condo community off 75th in Bradenton and loves it. You can definitely get something in that price range, or well under. The units are older but sometimes updated, or you can renovate yourself. The beaches of gorgeous Anna Maria Island are a few minutes away. I often just hop in my car and drive over the causeway to catch the sunset. I wasn't sure whether you wanted to be in an over-55, but I like that area of Bradenton because of its proximity to the beach.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:42 PM

162 posts, read 198,964 times
IMO, and it may mean nothing, forget Bradenton(crime) and North Port(empty streets, "grow" houses, etc.). Sarasota is one nice place and Venice is nice even if the median age is 68.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 AM

24 posts, read 66,409 times
I started looking in the Northport area where I noticed that there are so many newer homes for sale..quite beatiful upgraded homes for so much less than anywhere else. I am wondering why that is? Some people have said to keep away from Northport because of a few killings..can you give me the negatives on Northport?

Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 AM

24 posts, read 66,409 times
Default Northport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northporter View Post
The drive from North Port to several beautiful beaches on Manasota Key is an easy one. Here's some information: Manasota Key Florida Beaches We get there in 20 minutes to half a hour. Only serious traffic is down in Venice. Wouldn't want to live with that day in and day out.

I'd rather live in a beautiful North Port neighborhood than in the older communities closer to the water. Here many of the homes are very new by any standard, and priced much lower.
I started looking in the Northport area where I noticed that there are so many newer homes for sale..quite beatiful upgraded homes for so much less than anywhere else. I am wondering why that is? Some people have said to keep away from Northport because of a few killings..can you give me the negatives on Northport?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area