Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:48 AM

5 posts, read 14,697 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a favorite seafood restaurant that is reasonably priced? I use to eat at "The Original Oyster Bar"
on US 41, but sadly, they have been closed for some time. That was my favorite, great seafood and reasonable prices. Any seafood restaurants similar price and great seafood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 12:13 PM

338 posts, read 1,007,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey-gal View Post
Does anyone have a favorite seafood restaurant that is reasonably priced? I use to eat at "The Original Oyster Bar"
on US 41, but sadly, they have been closed for some time. That was my favorite, great seafood and reasonable prices. Any seafood restaurants similar price and great seafood?
I don't get up that way too often and just last night we stopped at Walts on 41 in Sarasota. Please do yourself a favor and avoid that place. The fish and chips dinner was horrible. I couldn't eat it and they wouldn't refund the money for the meal. There are plenty of other places I am sure some one here will recommend a good one.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,822,172 times
Capt Eddie's in Nokomis is pretty reasonable and Capt. Brian's by the airport has really good seafood.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,127,005 times
mcdonalds they make a great filet of what they claim to be fish.

seriously, you got sharkies in venice. then farther south, i think its in englewood, stump pass grill. that is one of our favorites, on the water and great atmosphere.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:02 PM

166 posts, read 601,102 times
I like the Spanish Point Marina a lot in Osprey. But there are several seafood restaurants that are good in Nokomis. I guess its whatever your definition of reasonably priced is.

I personally think Sharkey's is pretty overrated food wise (and price), but its still a cool place to go.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:39 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,663,396 times
Well, you can get pretty good seafood at most places around here...
Some other recommendations in Nokomis-

Pop's
Pelican Alley
Casey Key Fish House

In Venice down by the bridge- Mark IV Oyster Bar

A little farther north- Phillippi Creek Village Oyster Bar (some of the best oysters I've had in a long time)

Old 02-20-2010, 03:23 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,127,005 times
sharkeys is by no means gourmet. its fun and a good time. drinks and wings and other bar type food. the fish they serve is good. i think we had seafood nachos there. had an excellent grouper sandwich.

i would rather go out half as often and pay twice as much so i can have a better quality meal.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:40 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,452,940 times
Seafood places are hit and miss for me, most miss the mark. I prefer getting a nice shark steak, crab legs or what ever it is and cooking it at home. At least I know what im getting that way. If I remember right at the bypass heading north on the right hand side is a place called Left Coast Seafood. I have never been but several people have told me the quality is good. If you want a good blackened grouper sammy go to siesta key, hands down the old salty dog wins that battle all day

Old 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,908,475 times
Try Crow's Nest in Venice, down by the marina. There is a full service restaurant upstairs, which is a bit more pricey, but downstairs is a full service lounge/bar that is laid back and casual. The lounge/bar has a complete menu and has some great fish, and the prices are lower.

Don't go to Sharkey's. Long story...let's just say metal shavings, snippy waitress and unapologetic manager...

Old 02-20-2010, 03:53 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,663,396 times
^ Yikes! We've always had a good experience at Sharkey's.. but I must say, I go there for the Mango Bangos more than the food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area