Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 03:35 PM

9 posts, read 34,240 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to the SW Florida area in less than a year and on our last vacation down there, we past by the community of Gran Paradiso. Since we were on our way home, we couldn't stop by but now I can't wait to find out more info and their website is not that helpful. I've read on some older posts that it's not completed. Is that still the case? Also, does anyone have any idea how much the HOA fees are? Are they monthly or yearly? And now I've been reading of another fee. I think it was a CDD? Does the Gran Paradiso charge that fee as well. I've never lived in a gated community so all these "fees" are new to me. Any other info you could offer would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 03:55 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,816,632 times
Here's what I can tell you about Gran Paradiso. The CDD fees are based on the lot size. For example the lot size of one of the homes on Tesoro Dr is approx 5,550 sq ft. The CDD fee are $2300 extra added on to your taxes. If you take that same property on Tesoro Dr the HOA fees are $600 quarterly and this includes lawn care. If the club house is completed then these fees will go up approx. $100 per month.

Right now they have a shell of a building for the reception center and exercise room. I heard they were going to begin to build again on that and finish it an get it CO'd. When I talked with the people over there a few days ago they said that they were waiting to see if some money would be released from the bond so they could build the pools and tennis courts.

If it were me, I'd steer clear of Gran Paradiso until they get some if their issues resolved. Hope this helps a bit

Old 03-11-2010, 05:59 PM

56 posts, read 235,399 times
Not much going on at G.P. The developers are behind in their payment of taxes to the West Villages Improvement District. There could be a foreclosure, but that is speculation on my part. You may wish to consider Island Walk at West Villages, which is right across the street from G.P. They continue to build there, and have over 300 homes finished. The developer is a national company that has got deep pockets. They also have a proven track record.

Good luck,
Catsupbottle

Old 03-12-2010, 02:28 AM

204 posts, read 598,550 times
Gran Paradiso is "all hat, no cattle" as the saying goes. Beyond the impressive facade is a ghost town.

HHH

Old 03-13-2010, 10:58 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,452,279 times
I agree with Henry, the place is a waste land. No way I would consider buying in a place like that, ammenities are not even built and most likely wont be any time soon. Island Walk and Sarasota National were built by the same builder IIRC, my wife and I looked in Sarasota National a few years ago and it too is a wasteland. Construction was also sub par in every model we went in. The builder cant be building in Island Walk as another poster suggested, the builder has in fact left the state and stopped the project. I spoke to a realtor there and was told we can buy a lot and provide our own builder. No ammenities in there were ever finished either. I would be very cautious about buying/building in any of the 3.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:22 PM

56 posts, read 235,399 times
The builder at Island Walk is Divosta Homes, a division of Pulte Homes. Their NYSE ticker symbol is PHM. There are about 300 homes completed in Island Walk at West Villages and several more currently under construction that are sold. I cannot speak about Sarasota National since I have no first hand knowledge.

SoFlorida Gal, are my statements accurate? You are the most informed person on this board.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:07 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,452,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsupbottle View Post
The builder at Island Walk is Divosta Homes, a division of Pulte Homes. Their NYSE ticker symbol is PHM. There are about 300 homes completed in Island Walk at West Villages and several more currently under construction that are sold. I cannot speak about Sarasota National since I have no first hand knowledge.

SoFlorida Gal, are my statements accurate? You are the most informed person on this board.
Pulte was the builder in Sarasota National, according to the sales office there they are no longer building in Florida. Perhaps they are finishing what they started in Island Walk, who knows. But Pulte is no longer building in the state as far as we were told.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:40 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,816,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsupbottle View Post

I believe you are correct catsupbottle. Last time I was in there, which has been a few months, there was some limited building going on in IslandWalk. I spoke with the HOA pres as well and she couldn't give me any definite times on when anything that would be completed in the community. Basically, she said when they get more homes/villas completed then more of the amenities (clubhouse, pools, etc) will come.

Old Man Winter you're also accurate in your comments on Sarasota National. It seems as it's just kind of been left half finished.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:59 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,488,808 times
Gran Paradiso is alive again - Lennar Homes is now building new homes from the high $100k to $500k range. I am going there next Tuesday for a breakfast meeting and tour of the homes.

Here is their web link: Gran Paradiso *|* New Homes in Venice, FL by Lennar

and http://www.lennar.com/New-Homes/Flor...radiso#t_h&s_1

Old 02-21-2014, 05:43 AM

894 posts, read 1,130,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Gran Paradiso is alive again - Lennar Homes is now building new homes from the high $100k to $500k range. I am going there next Tuesday for a breakfast meeting and tour of the homes.

Here is their web link: Gran Paradiso *|* New Homes in Venice, FL by Lennar

and Gran Paradiso Master Planned Community - Sarasota / Manatee, Florida | Lennar Homes

Do you have an update? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area