Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:28 PM

3 posts, read 22,068 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a mobile home in a pet-friendly park in either Venice or
Englewood or even North Port. It seems to be difficult to find out what the site rents are for the
various parks. Does anyone know of any decent parks in the area that rent sites for about $300 or less per mo.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 AM

913 posts, read 2,361,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc713 View Post
We are looking for a mobile home in a pet-friendly park in either Venice or
Englewood or even North Port. It seems to be difficult to find out what the site rents are for the
various parks. Does anyone know of any decent parks in the area that rent sites for about $300 or less per mo.?
$300 a month lot fee is pretty low. My cousin lives in Spanish Lakes, in Nokomis, and I think she pays around $500 (which includes cable). They do have a pet section.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
I believe Grandmallie lives in Harbor Isles in North Port and I think they have a pet friendly area in there but I'm not sure if they have any rentals or what they might rent for. Like davery said, that's a pretty low price.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:34 AM

425 posts, read 1,104,553 times
Default Hi All

SoFlaGal I did DM the person looking,and we are in La Casa, hope all is well down there, DH is comming down thursday for a week and a 1/2 , and then back down in september,I wont get there until Thanksgiving day and thats only for a day then we drive over to fort lauderdale for our cruise, then flying out of there home.
But will be down for a week at Christmas,hopefully it will be better than this past one OY

Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
SoFlaGal I did DM the person looking,and we are in La Casa, hope all is well down there, DH is comming down thursday for a week and a 1/2 , and then back down in september,I wont get there until Thanksgiving day and thats only for a day then we drive over to fort lauderdale for our cruise, then flying out of there home.
But will be down for a week at Christmas,hopefully it will be better than this past one OY
Why do I always get those two mixed up? That's right it's LaCasa. I almost put that and then I put Harbor Isles.

If your hubby is here for the 10th maybe he could join us at Marina Jack's. Well, that is if BH ever gets around to announcing we're actually meeting up. I'll look forward to seeing you two around Christmas

Old 03-28-2010, 01:06 PM

14 posts, read 58,523 times
There's a "Pet friendly" mobile home park in Venice called Sandalwood...meaning pets are allowed anywhere in the park. It's a resident owned park - monthly maintenance fees are $130. There is no lot rent. When you buy a home there you become part of the homeowners co-op.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 PM

3 posts, read 22,068 times
Thanks, Kremlack. Will definitely look into Sandalwood. We spent a couple of days in Venice last week & loved it. So much more laid back than Ft. Myers/Naples areas that we were looking at before. Beaches were great - aquamarine water & sand dunes & no parking fees. Couldn't believe it.
davery5872 - $300 a mo. fee may be low for Venice but not for most places we've looked at in other areas. Agreed, there are a number of upper-class, gated parks that charge between $500-700 a mo. but parks we've looked at in the lower range in Ft. Myers, Bonita Springs & Naples have been quite nice. Just didn't know if Venice had a similar range.
Thanks for the input.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 AM

14 posts, read 58,523 times
You're welcome. I would be glad to help show you anything you want to see ... I'm a realtor. There's a "sister park" right beside Sandalwood called Venice Isle which also has low maintenance fees (another resident owned park) but you have to get into the "pet section" in that one. Both Sandalwood and Venice Isle are very centrally located and convenient to our nice beaches and the island. Just post here if you need help looking at the possibilities!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:47 AM

913 posts, read 2,361,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc713 View Post
davery5872 - $300 a mo. fee may be low for Venice but not for most places we've looked at in other areas. Agreed, there are a number of upper-class, gated parks that charge between $500-700 a mo. but parks we've looked at in the lower range in Ft. Myers, Bonita Springs & Naples have been quite nice. Just didn't know if Venice had a similar range.
Thanks for the input.

I was just passing on what my cousin is paying in Venice. When we had a MH in Clearwater we were paying $460 a month and that was two years ago. I'm sure it is over $500 now. If you can find a non-resident owned park for under $300, let me know. My dad is looking. He looked at Camelot East in Sarasota and think it was over $500. Of course, if you have the money to buy in a resident owned park, that would be best. You would have a monthly fee, but it would be pretty low. In some of these parks, you have to purchase a share in the park, which is separate for the price of the home.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM

51 posts, read 101,673 times
Default Sandalwood and other Venice Communities

I second the opinion of Sandalwood... There are also many lots available in Venice Isles, but I think Sandalwood is smaller, quieter and closer-knit. I met the office manager a few weeks back and we are working on putting a home in there as we speak on the last empty lot.

Not too many resales (which is good), but what they do have is quality and worth looking at...not too old.

On the island, you have Country Club Estates... mostly full. Then you have a few rental communities, like Bay Indies and Bay Lakes, but rent can be a tad high if you are on a budget.

Finally, try Oakwood Manor in Sarasota... it gets over looked quite often. The brokers name is Skip and he lives in the community (which shows he loves the location).

I am sure they all have websites of their own or DM me and I can direct you to contact info for these locations...cant do here for fear of getting in trouble.

Good luck on your search.

Ed

NOTE: Although I am employed in the Manufactured Home Industry, I am not a licensed realtor, do not sell used homes nor in anyway connected to the Communities mentioned above. These are simply my professional opinion. If I broke any rules, please shoot me an email so I can learn to avoid it in the future... just trying to be helpful and sharing my knowledge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area