Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:21 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
OK, let's start a list of who's coming, who might be coming and who's not coming (so we can harass them):

Going to the meet Up:
SoFLGal & SoFLGuy
Big House & Mrs. BH
Island Mermaid
Randy Forbes & Sue in Ohio
Photoman_6
getinoutofjersey
Pattymelt2
Allwyna
Blanclila
Hzdup3

Maybe:
Old Man Winter (the photographer)-has to check hockey tix

Not going:
Beachbumwannabe (needs a better excuse)
Ladywithafan (at the Film Festival)
WaWannabe (family in town)

What's up with:
Jvelte
Gypsychic
Oobie119
Rushmore
debvic
Angelfish
Davery5872
Pixistix
HenryHelmHazzard
atroxanautin
Kbuild
419gottaminute
ECBS
Gringosid
Justnancy
Leaving TeXass
Moderate Guy
Northporter
Pcozad1
Rainroosty
SmileDoc1 (not sure if you're here or not)
Suncoast Guy
Mikey2
d4g4m
GPH

I'm sure there's others in town that I just don't know live here. Some people I was just unsure if they were up north or not. If I knew for sure you weren't here right now I didn't put you on the list-for instance-Hiknapster, Mr&MrsSunshine, Grandmallie, 222muchcoffee or MrCoolMrCool.

Now, don't be shy, come on and join in. It's a great way to meet people if you are new to the area. Feel free to make corrections to my list.

Just repost my original list and take your name off if you can't make it (you better have a good reason though ) or add your name on if you can attend. Everyone is welcome to come join in
We sure wish we COULD make it up there for the meet-up, but.....we won't be down in FL until April 28th for the house closing. Hopefully, we'll meet you all at a later date, though, and maybe someplace closer to PC? Have a great time, and drive carefully! Karen and Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 11:12 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
I will be down at the Main Street Plaza (which houses Applebees).
Come on down!!! Films, Music, Food, Drink (Matteson's)
AND
Tonight (11 p.m.) is ANDY WARHOL night!!!
k:

Old 04-09-2010, 02:05 PM

774 posts, read 2,381,999 times
Looks like I have a conflict with this one (birthday party). I would definitely like to (finally) get to meet all of you so I'll make a point of being at either the Venice or Punta Gorda get together.

Have fun!!

Mikey

Old 04-09-2010, 08:29 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,730,526 times
I wish I could make it... unfortunately, I have been very busy preparing for a conference that I will be attending in a little over a week. I will be working on Saturday. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
OK, let's start a list of who's coming, who might be coming and who's not coming (so we can harass them):

Going to the meet Up:
SoFLGal & SoFLGuy
Big House & Mrs. BH
Island Mermaid
Randy Forbes & Sue in Ohio
Photoman_6
getinoutofjersey
Pattymelt2
Allwyna
Blanclila
Hzdup3
Florida Lad
Gringosid

Maybe:
Old Man Winter (the photographer)-has to check hockey tix

Not going:
Beachbumwannabe (needs a better excuse)
Ladywithafan (at the Film Festival)
WaWannabe (family in town)

What's up with:
Jvelte
Gypsychic
Oobie119
Rushmore
debvic
Angelfish
Davery5872
Pixistix
HenryHelmHazzard
atroxanautin
Kbuild
419gottaminute
ECBS
Justnancy
Leaving TeXass
Moderate Guy
Northporter
Pcozad1
Rainroosty
SmileDoc1 (not sure if you're here or not)
Suncoast Guy
Mikey2
d4g4m
GPH

I'm sure there's others in town that I just don't know live here. Some people I was just unsure if they were up north or not. If I knew for sure you weren't here right now I didn't put you on the list-for instance-Hiknapster, Mr&MrsSunshine (can't get a flight here and back), Grandmallie, 222muchcoffee or MrCoolMrCool.

Now, don't be shy, come on and join in. It's a great way to meet people if you are new to the area. Feel free to make corrections to my list.

Just repost my original list and take your name off if you can't make it (you better have a good reason though ) or add your name on if you can attend. Everyone is welcome to come join in

Alright Sunshines I guess I can write you an excuse slip Just updated the list.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:57 PM

275 posts, read 715,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I will be down at the Main Street Plaza (which houses Applebees).
Come on down!!! Films, Music, Food, Drink (Matteson's)
AND
Tonight (11 p.m.) is ANDY WARHOL night!!!
k:
Too bad we didn't see this sooner; we ate dinner with some friends at Two Senoritas (on Main St.) tonight.

XLNT food, btw.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:41 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
Too bad we didn't see this sooner; we ate dinner with some friends at Two Senoritas (on Main St.) tonight.

XLNT food, btw.
Well the meet up list looks about right. Several regulars here on the board that I've DM'd have other things that have tied them up. They all would like to make it, and hope to make some of the others we plan around SWFL. But it looks like a pretty good crowd. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Old 04-10-2010, 06:55 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I hope someday we can make one of these. Unfortunately, this is the time of year that my in-laws are down visiting, and we have plans with them. So everyone have a great time and have a drink or two on me!

Old 04-10-2010, 07:00 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,754,865 times
Sorry I will not be able to attend. I'm working long day today. Do let me know of the next event.

Have lots of fun and take plenty of pictures to share.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:17 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,162 times
where in the marina jacks facility is the assembly area? been there once. had lunch on the lanai by the water. what is the give away to a new member where the group is?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:12 PM

249 posts, read 440,639 times
Yes, where is it? The marina is huge... I asked Big House, he just answered... the Marina .

I have never been there, get lost all the time, so if you don't see me, it is because I won't have found you. I don't have a cell phone. I don't know any of you... it will be just a guess. hmm... maybe I will join the wrong group

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area