Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,880 times

Advertisements

I figure this is something Id ask the board since I thought of this today.
I know that for a lot of the time, Bradenton has been getting a bad rap, but I dont see whats really so bad about it. I used to not like Bradenton, but I see things around and seen a few businesses like say the smoke shop on US 41 headed right towards Sarasota airport or even how Bradenton center is open to everyone on Saturday ntm the down and out looking folks who are kinda crazy roaming around 41 out towards the downtown. I see how it can have some character and I dont feel theres as much crime as people say there is either. I lived in Bradenton before I moved out to Parrish and have seen some sights. Bradenton has the Distillery and some other little places to go see and District of the arts and ****loads of thrift shops. I just wonder if some of you see "funky town potential" with Bradenton. It may never be like St Pete or Ybor/Tampa, but I do see hidden pockets or hard to find pockets where you can see something yet to be discovered. I see a possible tie with Sarasota ntm.. they did put a new coffee shop there like 5 months ago called Luv A Da.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 07:22 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I think Bradenton has huge potential. There is a lot on the drawing boards to happen in this town over the next 5 - 10 years. They are working hard to make it an artist destination.

Also, here is my thread on "good stuff about Bradenton." posted last fall

//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...bradenton.html

There is a lot out there on the internet about the plans for Bradenton, the Downtown Development Authority, Fawley-Bryant architects (who have a beautiful virtual plan for the Avenue of the Arts and subsequent development of downtown.

I predict people are going to be shocked in the coming years at what a nice town Bradenton is going to become. Bradenton has a great location, and spectacular waterfronts. One day it will be as nice as Sarasota, maybe even nicer. And I agree, crime there is nowhere near what it is blown up to be here on this forum.

Just this gypsy's prediction based on what I see!

Old 03-28-2010, 02:12 PM

100 posts, read 146,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
I figure this is something Id ask the board since I thought of this today.
I know that for a lot of the time, Bradenton has been getting a bad rap, but I dont see whats really so bad about it. I used to not like Bradenton, but I see things around and seen a few businesses like say the smoke shop on US 41 headed right towards Sarasota airport or even how Bradenton center is open to everyone on Saturday ntm the down and out looking folks who are kinda crazy roaming around 41 out towards the downtown. I see how it can have some character and I dont feel theres as much crime as people say there is either. I lived in Bradenton before I moved out to Parrish and have seen some sights. Bradenton has the Distillery and some other little places to go see and District of the arts and ****loads of thrift shops. I just wonder if some of you see "funky town potential" with Bradenton. It may never be like St Pete or Ybor/Tampa, but I do see hidden pockets or hard to find pockets where you can see something yet to be discovered. I see a possible tie with Sarasota ntm.. they did put a new coffee shop there like 5 months ago called Luv A Da.
I've always loved Bradenton! I don't see the crime everyone talks about either. What I do see is a great city that is getting greater!
The Art district is wonderful, the museums are great, the shopping? well, shopping is good anyplace .
I saw that coffee shop! I hear they have great music there but I'm not into the whole coffee shop thing.
Bradenton is a nice place to visit and or to live in.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagal View Post
I've always loved Bradenton! I don't see the crime everyone talks about either. What I do see is a great city that is getting greater!
The Art district is wonderful, the museums are great, the shopping? well, shopping is good anyplace .
I saw that coffee shop! I hear they have great music there but I'm not into the whole coffee shop thing.
Bradenton is a nice place to visit and or to live in.
Yea eventually you gotta feel sorry for those who left Bradenton to move to places like Parrish with totally nothing just because they thought the gangs were getting worse nearby them. The squatters are all going there soon enough tho while the ones who fleed Bradenton are gonna lose out big or some are saying that maybe homes very far out will become future sights to put prisoners, THEN Bradenton will be fully improved by that time I think.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Yea eventually you gotta feel sorry for those who left Bradenton to move to places like Parrish with totally nothing just because they thought the gangs were getting worse nearby them. The squatters are all going there soon enough tho while the ones who fleed Bradenton are gonna lose out big or some are saying that maybe homes very far out will become future sights to put prisoners, THEN Bradenton will be fully improved by that time I think.
I still plan to retire to Parrish! Right now Bradenton has everything I need and want for a working gal.
Once retired, Parrish or Ellenton out in the sticks is where I'll want to be.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I still plan to retire to Parrish! Right now Bradenton has everything I need and want for a working gal.
Once retired, Parrish or Ellenton out in the sticks is where I'll want to be.

I like some country towns, but Ellenton/Parrish is not one of them or even Ruskin. Try country towns up in PA. Some of those places arent too bad despite being rural. At least not everyone is lame like up here.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I like some country towns, but Ellenton/Parrish is not one of them or even Ruskin. Try country towns up in PA. Some of those places arent too bad despite being rural. At least not everyone is lame like up here.
I moved to Florida from UP THERE!
I like Florida! I Love Parrish/Ellenton!
When I want the quiet life & retire, that is where you'll find me!

Old 04-03-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I moved to Florida from UP THERE!
I like Florida! I Love Parrish/Ellenton!
When I want the quiet life & retire, that is where you'll find me!
GOOD. You can have it.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:43 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,095 times
Quote:
GOOD. You can have it.
Why do you chose to stay there? You obviously don't like the area, and want to be in a much different environment, however you continue to make the decision to live there. IIRC you are a young college aged kid with nothing to keep you here.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
Why do you chose to stay there? You obviously don't like the area, and want to be in a much different environment, however you continue to make the decision to live there. IIRC you are a young college aged kid with nothing to keep you here.

Its so easy to say but one cannot just leave sometimes. I got debt keeping me back but once Im out of it and I graduate school, I cam move onto Tampa area and I will be glad to do so as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area