Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:59 PM

4 posts, read 7,904 times

Advertisements

We are considering a house in Sorrento Woods, and would appreciate any feedback, good or bad about the area, Laurel Nokomis school, etc.

It seems pretty nice, but I know the "bad" parts of town can be right around the corner.

Anyone know the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Sorrento Woods is a nice community. Most of the homes were built in the mid to late 1980's. They have a community boat ramp, a playground and the HOA dues are modest.

I don't have any first hand experience with Laurel Nokomis but from what I've heard from friends, it's pretty decent. For the past 8 years it has been an "A" rated school though the state of FL.
School Accountability Report...
www.greatschools.com

Old 04-06-2010, 06:37 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,760 times
I have lived there safe and happy for the past 6 years a great area Laurel is not at all bad

Old 04-06-2010, 06:38 AM

I should add it is a family area with many kids cycling to LNSchool

Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 AM

29 posts, read 69,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBwarmer View Post
We are considering a house in Sorrento Woods, and would appreciate any feedback, good or bad about the area, Laurel Nokomis school, etc.

It seems pretty nice, but I know the "bad" parts of town can be right around the corner.

Anyone know the area?

A friend of mine lives in Sorrento Woods. It is a friendly area where we stay and have vacationed each year. I was just down not long ago looking at homes in the area.

One day I was fortunate enough to have SoFLGal show me around the area, and tell me about growing up in SWFL. She really knows the area, and took me to a nice restaurant for lunch. I don't remember the name, but I had the best blackened grouper sandwich.

My sister and I just love to take walks through the community. We are hoping to move down and find a nice home for ourselves soon. I am not familiar with any bad areas near-by. Where are you referring to?

She also seems to know every short cut there is, we went to Sarasota, Venice, Casey Key, Osprey, and several places in-between. She is so organized, and has the whole route planned, it was amazing how many places we could see. My head is still spinning.

Tell me what you like best. I'm still lurking and learning.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:25 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailH View Post
A friend of mine lives in Sorrento Woods. It is a friendly area where we stay and have vacationed each year. I was just down not long ago looking at homes in the area.

One day I was fortunate enough to have SoFLGal show me around the area, and tell me about growing up in SWFL. She really knows the area, and took me to a nice restaurant for lunch. I don't remember the name, but I had the best blackened grouper sandwich.

My sister and I just love to take walks through the community. We are hoping to move down and find a nice home for ourselves soon. I am not familiar with any bad areas near-by. Where are you referring to?

She also seems to know every short cut there is, we went to Sarasota, Venice, Casey Key, Osprey, and several places in-between. She is so organized, and has the whole route planned, it was amazing how many places we could see. My head is still spinning.

Tell me what you like best. I'm still lurking and learning.
I was invited to a friend's house in Pelican Point. It is in Venice, and it is a gated community. There are some large lake front homes there, with pools. The community seemed very secure, and great for walking. I would ask her to take you there, or check them out on the MLSs. I would think that you can get to many places you'd like from there and feel secure walking around as well.
I was very impress with the homes when I went through there. I saw one that was coming up for foreclosure that my friend told me about. I think it was on Adonis.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:33 AM

Big House
Pelican Pointe is a gated community in Venice Sorrento Woods is a non gated community in Nokomis.
The OP enquired of the latter !

Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
Big House
Pelican Pointe is a gated community in Venice Sorrento Woods is a non gated community in Nokomis.
The OP enquired of the latter !

Oh! I didn't know that. I guess that's why I liked Pelican Point, and thought it was safe. I haven't been to Sorrento Woods yet. I guess I need run buy there sometime and check it out. It sounds like a good place. People seem to like it there.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBwarmer View Post

Anyone know the area?
we rode by this neighberhood, and really liked it. larger lots ,well maintained, and every house is different.
we also would like some feedback on this develoment! ass. fees and anything elce of interest.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:06 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybee View Post
we rode by this neighberhood, and really liked it. larger lots ,well maintained, and every house is different.
we also would like some feedback on this develoment! ass. fees and anything elce of interest.
I believe the association fees are under $300 per year. Like I said above, it has a community boat ramp with gulf access, a playground and many of the homes were built in the 1980's.

Everyone who I've sold to in there seems to be happy.

Anything else you wanted to know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area