U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 07:13 PM

9 posts, read 35,544 times

Advertisements

Seems like all the homes south of the Airport and W of the trail do not have city wtr (are on a well) Have you ever experienced problems getting enough water? Any peculiar problems with having well water?
I'm a long time fan of Venice and am looking for a house. I have experience with well wtr in Ft Myers, but my nearest neighbor was a qtr mile away. In Venice the homes are quite close. Look forward to your thoughts...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 AM

127 posts, read 272,946 times
I'm in Venice and have a well. Not had a problem with getting enough water yet. My well has a lot of iron and sulphur. I have an iron blocker and I'm about to add an airrator to clean up the sulphur. Funny thing is, a neighbor two houses away has no iron issues but he also has sulphur. I've noticed a lot of airrators so I'm guessing sulphur is common around here. If you're looking for a house, check out Venice Acres. There are some deals in here right now.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:46 AM

aerator even!

Old 04-08-2010, 04:50 PM

917 posts, read 2,386,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloef365 View Post
Seems like all the homes south of the Airport and W of the trail do not have city wtr (are on a well) Have you ever experienced problems getting enough water? Any peculiar problems with having well water?
I'm a long time fan of Venice and am looking for a house. I have experience with well wtr in Ft Myers, but my nearest neighbor was a qtr mile away. In Venice the homes are quite close. Look forward to your thoughts...
There was a thread recently about people in Venice having to re-pipe their homes due to copper pipes developing pin hole leaks. This seemed to be happening with both city water and well water.

Might be worth a look.How much will an RN Make now?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:08 PM

13,768 posts, read 35,452,033 times
I worked for a well driller many years ago and his spiel was if you dig your well 1,750 ft down you would not have problems with your water having rust or sulphur. Not sure how true that was but he never had any complaints while I worked there.

If you are going to buy a house with a well I would have the water checked

Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM

32,588 posts, read 51,171,562 times
our daughter lives in Nokomis now--north of Venice--and they just got their irrigation fixed to run well water for their yard--she said that the well water is not drinkable unless they add equipment to filter it and add water softener...which they don't need to do to water the yard...they are on city water...

you need to get your water tested and the well needs to be checked out--some home inspectors can't really do that--
they were told that the older, non-working irrigation system in the yard was why the well was not working--and they took the seller's word for it--vs having it really checked out...
the well itself was also broken--needed 1K worth of work and then another 1K for the irrigation and landscaping...
while they would not have turned the house away--they probably could have gotten more money from seller to cover the repair costs--what they did get went to fix the leaking roof...
(they were just babes, very unsuspecting--and their realtor was not much better)...

Old 04-09-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
There was a thread recently about people in Venice having to re-pipe their homes due to copper pipes developing pin hole leaks. This seemed to be happening with both city water and well water.

Might be worth a look.How much will an RN Make now?
I think that's the wrong link.. That's something about nurses!

Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 PM

917 posts, read 2,386,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAwannabe View Post
I think that's the wrong link.. That's something about nurses!
Thanks, here's the thread about the copper pipe leaks in the Venice area: Plumbing in Venice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area