Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:58 PM

477 posts, read 987,072 times

Advertisements

Oh, and I forgot to answer about our house....no problem with it selling quickly..already have many interests. it's such a great place...hate to leave but can't wait to leave at the same time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 06:33 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Default Same boat........

We've gotten rid of almost everything there was to go - a lifetime collection of stuff. Most was sold on Craig's List. Some was given away. We're now at the point of staging the house before putting it on the market. We started with the large sun-room today. All "clutter" was moved out. As soon as the house is sold and my Dr. says I can leave TN, we are heading for Sarasota in our RV. We'll live in the RV until we find a suitable house. We're retired so it will only be us and the 2 cats.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,294 times
Good luck to all posters looking to move south to a place near Sarasota. Just take it a day at a time...
I can't tell you how many people I've met on here who have tried to leave and couldn't do so fast enough, myself included.... intent to leave for a few years now and have actively had the house on the market for almost 11 months. So again, good luck and take it a day at a time... it could take a while

Old 04-12-2010, 09:40 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
It looks like there are a lot of people right now waiting to sell and move down to Florida. Zara, I was just thinking about you all a few days ago. Seems like you're still sticking it out. There are many people on this forum that have waited and waited and finally make it down here. Jennysquirrel and hdzup3 come to mind.

Funny thing is, it seems once they move down they often don't post nearly as much. I think they're out having way to much fun and don't have much time to be online. Good to see you around again.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 PM

879 posts, read 1,952,760 times
OMG I have the MOST clutter of any person in the history of EVER!! sooo overwhlemed today!!

I got an estimate from PODS today and it seemed reasonable and a good way to store and move all our mega-stuff lol I got an estimate on the 16' container. Anyone use them?

As an artist I just have soooo much stuff, it's insane! I have all my sculpting studio stuff, dollmaking stuff and all my jewelry studio stuff and then the paints, fabric, etc, etc. and that's just one part of the basement!!! I just cleared out 3 huge bins of baby clothes (sorted to donate, toss or give away) from the attic so that's progress! I have been giving stuff away like crazy (freecycle), throwing out a ton and selling on ebay but don't feel like I am even making a dent! This reminds me of the George Carlin "my stuff" bit lol

definitely having a "what was i thinking?!?" moment

Old 04-13-2010, 11:51 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
It looks like there are a lot of people right now waiting to sell and move down to Florida. Zara, I was just thinking about you all a few days ago. Seems like you're still sticking it out. There are many people on this forum that have waited and waited and finally make it down here. Jennysquirrel and hdzup3 come to mind.

Funny thing is, it seems once they move down they often don't post nearly as much. I think they're out having way to much fun and don't have much time to be online. Good to see you around again.
Yeah - I'd never end up like that. I'm way too sucked into reading up on everyone to suddenly stop caring anymore about those following close behind.... or helping me along the way.

It's so good to keep in touch with you SoFLGal

Old 04-13-2010, 12:15 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,072 times
we just recently got here. listed house and sold in 5 weeks. people had to close quick for mortgage commitment reasons. we closed and rented back for 2 weeks while we packed. then put stuff in storeage for 3 1/2 weeks and moved into a rental down here cause our house here had renters in it. finally got in here a week ago. was crazy but it worked. hard cause i had just had some major surgery just prior and that was the reason for selling.

some ways to get rid of stuff - ebay, craigs list, give to friends, yard sale (or with us it was winter so we gave to friends for a yard sale), donate, dumpster.

good luck. when its all over it is worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area