Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 AM

8 posts, read 25,821 times

Advertisements

After careful consideration we have decided to move back to Bradenton.
My family of 4 and I, lived there before and loved it, circumstances out of our hands forced us to move back to the Midwest. (St Louis). Yeah, maybe people is a lil nicer here, but overall is a giant pot of boredom, not to mention nasty winter.

We are familiar with the area, and are currently looking for a place and work.
I am hoping to land a job by August. I hold a bachelors in International Trade, and have worked in Logistics/Warehousing/Manufacturing for about 5 years now. I am bilingual, and are looking for something similar, but open to new ideas. Eventually, I want to open up a retail store, I cannot say for what products since It is somehow an original idea.

I am not a pessimist, and I see this downturn as an opportunity to make a move.

Feel free to pour all of your job offers to me. (sarcastic)

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,997,451 times
My son and his SO also desire to move to FL. Their biggest concern is finding jobs that pay a living wage. Jobs in their field. Nothing is more frightening to them than moving to FL and being unable to find anything better than being a part time Wal*Mart greeter for $7 an hour.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
My son and his SO also desire to move to FL. Their biggest concern is finding jobs that pay a living wage. Jobs in their field. Nothing is more frightening to them than moving to FL and being unable to find anything better than being a part time Wal*Mart greeter for $7 an hour.
I hear that. It is convenient that Tampa, St Petersburg, and other places are near by so the chances are a lil better.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:40 AM

100 posts, read 335,631 times
I live an hour and a half from St. Louis, myself, so I don't blame you one bit for wanting to get away. Not to mention the town I live in now has only 12,000 people and nothing to do. That's a big part of us wanting to move to Florida. We're looking into the Sarasota area, also. Can't wait until that time comes. Good luck with finding a home and a job!!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerGirl101 View Post
I live an hour and a half from St. Louis, myself, so I don't blame you one bit for wanting to get away. Not to mention the town I live in now has only 12,000 people and nothing to do. That's a big part of us wanting to move to Florida. We're looking into the Sarasota area, also. Can't wait until that time comes. Good luck with finding a home and a job!!

Sarasota is nice, I find Bradenton more convenient to live in, but hey if you can afford a nice place in Sarasota, why not!? not saying there are not affordable places in Sarasota. Sarasota has everything you need.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 AM

Thumbs down Commutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSWAY View Post
I hear that. It is convenient that Tampa, St Petersburg, and other places are near by so the chances are a lil better.
I don't think they'd want to commute that far from Sarasota/Bradenton. One of the reasons they want to get out of NYC is to avoid long commutes. They also want warm winters due to health reasons and be close to my husband and myself.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM

Default Bradenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSWAY View Post
Sarasota is nice, I find Bradenton more convenient to live in, but hey if you can afford a nice place in Sarasota, why not!? not saying there are not affordable places in Sarasota. Sarasota has everything you need.
As our research continues, my husband thinks Bradenton would be a better place for us. Less traffic. Less deed restricted houses. Less snow birds and he's still a country boy at heart. He doesn't want to live in or close to a real city. From what we've heard from a friend that lives near Flamingo Rd in Bradenton, the taxes and Ins are also cheaper in Bradenton. Better yet, my friend said, it's a hop skip and a jump to Sarasota if some nightlife or serious shopping is desired.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:06 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
As our research continues, my husband thinks Bradenton would be a better place for us. Less traffic. Less deed restricted houses. Less snow birds and he's still a country boy at heart. He doesn't want to live in or close to a real city. From what we've heard from a friend that lives near Flamingo Rd in Bradenton, the taxes and Ins are also cheaper in Bradenton. Better yet, my friend said, it's a hop skip and a jump to Sarasota if some nightlife or serious shopping is desired.
Good thinking^^^^. Bradenton is definitely more "community" oriented than touristy. There is a big difference between the two towns. Bradenton is a lot more "sleepy" and still has a real "down-home" and old Florida feel. And I believe taxes and insurance are less for Manatee. It's only minutes to Sarasota, and an easy drive up to Tampa or St. Pete. If your hubby is still a country boy at heart, I GUARANTEE you will be happier in Bradenton. As much as I love Sarasota, it definitely has a "priss factor." lol! You will find none of that in Bradenton, just a real town. The water quality is a lot better in Manatee as well, mine tastes great right from my faucet, I find Sarasota water undrinkable. And last, Bradenton's slogan is "The Friendly City" and I have found that to be totallly true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area