U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:04 AM

475 posts, read 804,181 times

Advertisements

Please comment on any differences in the island of Venice and South Venice. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 07:30 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,659,230 times
Are you comparing the Venice island zip code 34285 to the south Venice zip code 34293?

Just need clarification, because the neighborhood called South Venice is a very small portion of the South Venice zip code.

The South Venice neighborhood is bounded on US 41 (east), the Gulf of Mexico (west), Center Road extension (north) and Manasota Beach Road (south).

The zip code for 34293 (South Venice) includes the subdivisions Jacaranda Golf and CC, Plantation Golf and CC, Venice Gardens, Myakka River Trails Estates, Sarasota National Golf, Island Walk, Venetia, Ventura Village, Venice East Golf, and Gran Paradiso to name a few.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:21 AM

913 posts, read 2,165,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
Please comment on any differences in the island of Venice and South Venice. Thanks.

Are you asking about real estate? If so, I think most of the houses in S. Venice are on wells. When we were looking, our realtor mentioned some issues with these wells. Also, S. Venice seems very inconsistent from house to house. Some good, some not so good. I believe there is also a boat ramp and ferry to the beach across the inter-coastal.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
Are you comparing the Venice island zip code 34285 to the south Venice zip code 34293?

Just need clarification, because the neighborhood called South Venice is a very small portion of the South Venice zip code.

The South Venice neighborhood is bounded on US 41 (east), the Gulf of Mexico (west), Center Road extension (north) and Manasota Beach Road (south).

The zip code for 34293 (South Venice) includes the subdivisions Jacaranda Golf and CC, Plantation Golf and CC, Venice Gardens, Myakka River Trails Estates, Sarasota National Golf, Island Walk, Venetia, Ventura Village, Venice East Golf, and Gran Paradiso to name a few.
Looking at the Google map, I'm looking at the entire area south of the airport and west of 45.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davery5872 View Post
Are you asking about real estate? If so, I think most of the houses in S. Venice are on wells. When we were looking, our realtor mentioned some issues with these wells. Also, S. Venice seems very inconsistent from house to house. Some good, some not so good. I believe there is also a boat ramp and ferry to the beach across the inter-coastal.
Yes, I am interested in real estate. I noticed one of the first ones I found was on a well. I'm not sure if that would be a plus or a minus. Thank-you.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:00 PM

7,201 posts, read 13,043,062 times
Default Beackisn water

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
Yes, I am interested in real estate. I noticed one of the first ones I found was on a well. I'm not sure if that would be a plus or a minus. Thank-you.
I may be remembering wrong but some of these wells produce water that is horrible. Brackish and must be heavily filtered before use. It has an earthy flavor that can't always be removed. Taste the water before you buy a house on a well.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:12 AM

48 posts, read 105,940 times
I live in South Venice (the section with the ramp & ferry - west of 41 - often called So Venice Beach) and built a nice home on 3 lots in 2004, I have a well. We spent a lot of money on all kinds of speccial filtration, water softner and reverse omosis(whole house) and it was worth it. My water rivals $20 a bottle Swiss Alps! LOL!
Yes there have been contaminated wells in the area and the county has recently brought in city water to these homes (mostly off of Datura Rd). You do want to be sure and have well tested.
Very true on the comment from davery with the inconsistency of homes. But the Island has this issue too. BUT, if I had to do over, I would go VENICE ISLAND 100%. I especially love the Golden Beach section.
Good luck!

Old 05-09-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia pollatos View Post
I live in South Venice (the section with the ramp & ferry - west of 41 - often called So Venice Beach) and built a nice home on 3 lots in 2004, I have a well. We spent a lot of money on all kinds of speccial filtration, water softner and reverse omosis(whole house) and it was worth it. My water rivals $20 a bottle Swiss Alps! LOL!
Yes there have been contaminated wells in the area and the county has recently brought in city water to these homes (mostly off of Datura Rd). You do want to be sure and have well tested.
Very true on the comment from davery with the inconsistency of homes. But the Island has this issue too. BUT, if I had to do over, I would go VENICE ISLAND 100%. I especially love the Golden Beach section.
Good luck!
Thank-you Virginia

Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 AM

32,609 posts, read 51,192,215 times
definitely think that Venice ISLAND is preferable to the mainland part of Venice in most situations--but there are always factors to take into consideration
even the city water in Venice can be hazardous to piping if it is older type--many homes/condos have had their plumbing replaced because of the corrosion factor...

Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
definitely think that Venice ISLAND is preferable to the mainland part of Venice in most situations--but there are always factors to take into consideration
even the city water in Venice can be hazardous to piping if it is older type--many homes/condos have had their plumbing replaced because of the corrosion factor...
Perhaps I'll try a water filter. I have been leery about using them though since they may be harmful if I forget to change the filters on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area