Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:28 PM

383 posts, read 1,024,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
wow. we were very close to choosing grant but have decided to run with casa whn we have it done. yes jerry is still there and he looked after us very well. we were told pebble tek isnt all that- it actually covers shoddy work as it is easy to apply.maybe we had a lucky escape
I'm told Pebble-Tec carries a Lifetime Guarantee,so You may not want to act so quickly ,we were not that impressed with CASA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 AM

128 posts, read 424,158 times
I am sooooo glad we didn't have your delays and problems when we had our pool built. I have read previous posts re 'Charley', but all I can say - we have been very pleased with Aquatech during the construction and the weekly maintenance. During winter we found our electric pool heater wasn't working properly - this was the first time we had used it since construction. Aquatech replaced it - no problems. Our maintenance man comes each week to the pool and really gives it a good cleaning, always tests the water, and usually spends a good 20 to 30 mins. They are reasonably priced and do not charge extra for chemicals. In June we observed our next door neighbours pool contractors doing the pool clean. They did not test the water, hardly touched the sides of the pool and arrived and left within 5 mins.

Hope your pool is soon finished and you can enjoy it for this summer.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 AM

17 posts, read 49,329 times
Quote:
wow. we were very close to choosing grant but have decided to run with casa whn we have it done. yes jerry is still there and he looked after us very well. we were told pebble tek isnt all that- it actually covers shoddy work as it is easy to apply.maybe we had a lucky escape

If you are not buying yet, you may want to wait some and I will continue to update. In the long run it comes down to the quality of the finished product. I am hoping that this pool is well worth the frustration I am feeling now, whether or not we get to use it on our trip down in July. There will be many more trips and it won't be too long before we will be there for good. The end product ultimately is what counts.

I will let you know......

Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I need Florida View Post
If you are not buying yet, you may want to wait some and I will continue to update. In the long run it comes down to the quality of the finished product. I am hoping that this pool is well worth the frustration I am feeling now, whether or not we get to use it on our trip down in July. There will be many more trips and it won't be too long before we will be there for good. The end product ultimately is what counts.

I will let you know......
You are very wise!!! Every construction project goes through three major phases.

First - picking the design and settling on the cost. This is a tough phase, and deciding the commit all that money, selecting a design, value engineering, and picking a contractor are all difficult choices.

Second - The phase you are going through is getting the permits, ordering the materials, and implementing the work. This is where the scheduling difficulties, changes, and unforeseen things come up. Delay's happen, and they are not always something you can put your finger on. Some things are beyond anyones direct control, even though everyone wants to point the finger at the guy they are paying - the contractor. But, somethings are honestly not in his control.

Third - is the finished product, and the quality. This is going to last for years, and it is what you will see and appreciate every day. If this is right, and done well - to your satsifaction, then you will be happy, you'll forget about the other two, and you will enjoy it. So you are correct. See what happens when its done. Wise thinking on your part!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:21 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum wannabe View Post
I'm told Pebble-Tec carries a Lifetime Guarantee,so You may not want to act so quickly ,we were not that impressed with CASA
as i understand it the 'lifetime' warranty contains some onerous conditions and also some omissions. it is not as good as it seems.

BBW i would be interested in your comments on Casa, perhaps you could DM me please

Old 06-21-2010, 09:33 AM

Took a quick trip down last week...got in on Thursday and flew back home Saturday morning. Had a few things to take care of after the break in and wanted to get it done before we are down for vacation next week. About 10 minutes after we got in from the airport, lightning struck the field across the street and set it on fire. Sheeze!!! Not sure what is going on around there :-) Called 911 and the fire department got there and put the fire out. No property damage anywhere, just about 2 acres of charred field.

Anyway, the pool seems to be coming along good. Got a chance to go down and talk to our rep at Grant. They say it will be close whether or not it will be ready for our vacation so we will see. I will update everyone then.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
as i understand it the 'lifetime' warranty contains some onerous conditions and also some omissions. it is not as good as it seems.

BBW i would be interested in your comments on Casa, perhaps you could DM me please
Sorry to take so long but check your DM I really have nothing bad to say about CASA.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:59 PM

Signed contract with Fulton Pools(Port Charlotte) today. Will keep you all updated. After extensive research and negotiation with 4 of the area pool contractors we settled on Fulton ,and I'm very confident we will get a quality job when they are finished.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:34 PM

Contests beach bum! It is definitely exciting. I'm very interested in comparing notes. I spoke with our rep today, the deck should be poured tomorrow. I can't remember.... are you in the Port Charlotte area also?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:44 AM

Sorry Beach bum....that was supposed to be "Congrats!" I sent that from my phone and it doesn't always recognize words and will change them on me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area