Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:55 PM

383 posts, read 1,019,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wille View Post
I am working with Guy at Siesta Pools. We will sign soon - waiting for HOA to approve pool plans and trees being taken out. Siesta Pools had more references than anyone and no bad press. I will update this as we go along. So far, very impressed with this company.
Where is Siesta Pools based?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM

88 posts, read 157,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum wannabe View Post
Siesta pools, where are they based?
They are in Sarasota

Old 07-14-2010, 07:29 AM

17 posts, read 49,200 times
Hi everyone! Got home from vacation on Sunday and thought I would give an update.

Unfortunately the pool wasn't ready when we got there. It actually wasn't finished until last Wednesday, six days in with three days left of vacation. I'm not sure what the original holdup was with the permit....a holdup at the county, the fact that our rep from Grant Pools wouldn't call me back so he could check with the county to see what was happening or being given misinformation as to how long the actual permit process would take. I guess we'll never know.

The good news is that we are more than happy/impressed with the finished product. Grant Pools pushed hard to get it finished in time for us to swim while we were there, something the kids definitely appreciated. The pool is absolutely beautiful!

The tiling around the pool and spa had been finished right before we arrived. It was checked by the superintendent of Grant who felt that the spa wasn't up to Grant's standards so the tiler(?) was back on Saturday morning tearing out the old and redoing it. I appreciate stuff like that, knowing that they care about their reputation and only putting out work that meets their standards.

I am glad we were there to watch the Pebble Tec process. It really is amazing to see. And the finish itself? Absolutely incredible! Beautiful! If anybody is considering a pool and using Pebble Tec, by all means do it. You will not be disappointed.

Anyway, our pool is more than we had hoped for and after all of my griping, I am more than happy and impressed with Grant Pools. I talked with Phil Grant a couple of times while I was there, once at the office and then I ran into him at the Venice Auction. He is a very pleasant man and I can see that he pushes his employees to create the best product possible. I will certainly recommend them in the future. Also, we are using their pool service to maintain it. It is not actually Grant who does it but and employee who works for Grant that runs a separate pool service out of the office. I am confident that the pool is in great hands. Randy, the owner is very nice and one of the most energetic guys I have ever met. After he left the house, I felt like a tornado had come and gone and I had to sit absorb all that he had told me in that time.

Now, the back yard is a mess.....how about a landscaper review?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,024,131 times
If you want a good landscaper that does concrete curbing call Nelsh Curbing. The cast-in-place curbing looks great, and is well worth the few pennies a foot more than doing it yourself. Trust me. I did it both ways, helping my brother who bought a truck load of it, and then having them do it.

Call Shem Nelsh 941-258-1423. He will give you a free estimate, and review pattern and color options for the curb, and handle the landscaping and mulch/stone/shell installation as well.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:58 AM

88 posts, read 157,619 times
What color pebbletech did you use?

Old 07-29-2010, 06:05 AM

I will have to get back to you on the exact color name....that is my wife's area of expertise It is a blue/green color. I have pictures from before it was filled I will try to put on here. We originally liked the black but the salesman said almost without fail, those who had it installed were unhappy with it. One lady even paid several thousand dollars to have it redone.

We couldn't be happier with the color and the overall finish of the pebble-tec.

Last edited by I need Florida; 07-29-2010 at 06:27 AM..

Old 07-29-2010, 06:37 AM

Hope this works...one with and one without the water. This was right after the pool was filled. The spa wasn't completely finished and hadn't been filled yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Pool contractor review-2010-07-07-09.50.47.jpg   Pool contractor review-2010-07-07-12.26.11.jpg  

Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need Florida View Post
Hope this works...one with and one without the water. This was right after the pool was filled. The spa wasn't completely finished and hadn't been filled yet.
Nice pics,pool looks great! They shot the concrete for ours today,and it looks pretty good,I think we are back filling around shell tomorrow,then i'm not sure whats next.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 AM

Hey beachbum, I've been away from the forum for a little bit. How's the pool coming?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need Florida View Post
Hey beachbum, I've been away from the forum for a little bit. How's the pool coming?
ok,they were here for most of the day doing plumbing,but we are still quite far from ready to swim! we are probably lookin at the end of September for finishing We went to look at a pool nearby they just finished and it was very nicely done! We actually got a couple ideas to get done on our pool,since we just basically have a shell right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area