Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 PM

477 posts, read 987,253 times

Advertisements

I'm freaking out!! I know I'm asking for a lot, a 3-4 bedroom long term rental pool home in Palmer Ranch..but when I first started looking, there were quite a few to choose from. But now that we are on our way to look and secure a house, there is hardly anything!! My first two choices are now gone all of a sudden and my third has two offers...

I'm just venting...I haven't even thought of looking into apartments/condos since we are a large family. Time will tell, I guess.

Can't wait to get my toes in the sand, though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 02:04 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,635 times
Sorry to hear that.. but glad to hear you're on your way. You will not regret it. Keep in mind though, no matter what your situation is: it will be the hardest adjustment you will ever have to make, but it's all worth it for this weather!!

Old 05-12-2010, 03:18 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Default Hot summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Sorry to hear that.. but glad to hear you're on your way. You will not regret it. Keep in mind though, no matter what your situation is: it will be the hardest adjustment you will ever have to make, but it's all worth it for this weather!!
What do you folks do in summer when it's in the high 90s? That seems too hot to enjoy the beach or a flea market or outdoor art show.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:36 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,635 times
Honestly, IMO it's never too hot for the beach. Get yourself an umbrella and you will be pleasantly surprised with the breeze that you feel off the gulf. You will adjust to the heat too. Im originally from Chicago (been here four years this summer) and it was crazy hot that first year, but every year afterwards hasn't been bad at all. My husband was VERY reluctant to move here as he never liked the heat. He works outdoors now and has gotten used to it. For someone who didn't care for the heat he sure does love it now. We are at the beach every weekend (with an umbrella of course), and keep in mind a cooler of icy beverages make it even better! It may be a bit hot to walk, jog or partake in other activities but think of it this way: What did you do when it was 4 degrees out and you were dealing with snow and sleet?? The bitter cold days were plentiful, and now dealing the heat won't seem so bad. The winters here really make up for it, I think I wore socks 3 times this year!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 AM

913 posts, read 2,361,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
What do you folks do in summer when it's in the high 90s? That seems too hot to enjoy the beach or a flea market or outdoor art show.
It never gets too hot for the beach. Actually, in June and July it's really nice, it does not get real hot until August. We will eat dinner outside in June and July, maybe not August.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 AM

477 posts, read 987,253 times
Thanks, Oobie. I agree about the beach, never too hot for the beach. Except for walking to and fro. That can become a long walk in August.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:51 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,907 times
beachymom, i know of some houses for rent within walking distance of manasota beach, if you are interested let me know. the rules say no advertising so i guess if i put the info here it could be viewed as advertising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area