Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 08:17 PM

6 posts, read 26,686 times

Advertisements

Thinking of buying condo in Palmer Ranch, ideally in the Bella Villimo complex. Anyone familiar with this area. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,819,850 times
Everyone I know that lives in Bella Villino seems to be happy with their purchase. Bella Villino is very close to Sarasota Square Mall, recreation facilities and the world famous Siesta Key Beach. The HOA is $275 per month. I think the posters Smiledoc1 and Angelfish have residences in Palmer Ranch so they may also have an opinion of this area. Bella Villino on Palmer Ranch is a gated community of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condominium units built in the late 1990s. There are currently 34 condo's for sale in Bella Villino from the 1/1 bank owned condo priced at $59,900 to the 3/2 condo priced at $282,900. Here is some info about the community:

LIFESTYLE AMENITIES
  • Gated Community
  • Complete Concierge Services
  • Extensive Fitness Center featuring treadmills, exercise equipment and free weights
  • Interior racquetball court / basketball court
  • Full Service Business Center with Internet access
  • Billiards Room
  • Club room/bar area with wide screen TV
  • Resort style heated swimming pool with spa
  • Lighted tennis courts
  • Doggie Stations
  • Picnic areas with gas grills
  • Car Care Center
  • Free Video Library
  • Planned community socials
  • On-site Maintenance / 24-hour Emergency Call
  • Walking distance to major mall and YMCA
HOME AMENITIES
  • Spacious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom condominiums
  • A limited number of attached 1 and 2 car garages with electronic openers and storage are available
  • Covered parking
  • Intrusion alarm systems with panic button
  • Vaulted or 9' ceilings with crown molding
  • Raised panel interior doors
  • Full size washer and dryer in every home
  • 3 phone lines for each unit
  • Oversized glass doors
  • Built in entertainment centers
  • Gourmet kitchens with self-cleaning oven, microwave, dishwasher and frost-free refrigerator with ice-maker
  • Ceramic tile floors
  • Roman tubs (in select units)
  • Enclosed solariums or private screened balconies
  • Mini and Vertical blinds
  • Large walk-in closets

Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Thanks for the quick reply SoFlGal. Would you have the price range on 2/2's? Is it true that bank owned properties are selling for a fraction of ask price and if so what would be a reasonable offer on a bank owned property at 59,000. Thanks in advance. How to get a hold of you when I need an agent?

Old 03-26-2009, 04:40 PM

385 posts, read 1,153,972 times
Hi there,

I am not 100% positive, but I thought Bella Villino was once an apartment complex that converted into to condos. Not necessarily a drawback, unless like Admirals Walk- (not located in Palmer Ranch), the walls are paper thin. From what I understand, this is a big issue over in AW.

Bella Villino is in a great spot, very close to the Sarasota Square Mall, Target, Publix, YMCA, Movie Theater, also the new Park & Recs "Legacy Trail". You will find all of Palmer Ranch to be well maintained and attractive, and this property is no different. A 10 minute or so drive to Siesta Beach and Village. If you can handle the HOA's and pick this up for less than $59,000 and plan on hanging on to it for a while, I think It could be a solid deal.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,819,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southfork70 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply SoFlGal. Would you have the price range on 2/2's? Is it true that bank owned properties are selling for a fraction of ask price and if so what would be a reasonable offer on a bank owned property at 59,000. Thanks in advance. How to get a hold of you when I need an agent?
The prices for a 2/2 range from $89,900 for a bank owned unit up to $239,900. There are 12 currently on the market. I'll DM (direct message) you the rest of the info in your post.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM

413 posts, read 1,238,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southfork70 View Post
Thinking of buying condo in Palmer Ranch, ideally in the Bella Villimo complex. Anyone familiar with this area. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

We have a house in Village Walk. I cannot speak for other areas of Palmer Ranch. We are very pleased with the decision we made. DiVosta was the builder and the quality of the construction is excellent. www.villagewalkofsarasota.org
We find the people in VW to be exceptionally friendly.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:50 AM

Thanks for your replies. It looks like Siesta beach is about 6 miles away. Would this be bikeable or would that be too dangerous with the drivers around there?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:07 AM

385 posts, read 1,153,972 times
While a 6 mile bike ride to the beach sounds enticing, you would be traveling on US 41 crossing some (including a mall) rather large intersections, and a span of highway with no sidewalks, signal lights where some drivers take advantage and drive rather fast. I would not recommend it.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM

I figured that would be the case. I guess I'm just hopeing to drive as little as possible. Also wondering about trails in the area for roller bladeing and what is the legacy trail? Thanks.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 PM

27 posts, read 85,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiledoc1 View Post
We have a house in Village Walk. I cannot speak for other areas of Palmer Ranch. We are very pleased with the decision we made. DiVosta was the builder and the quality of the construction is excellent. www.villagewalkofsarasota.org
We find the people in VW to be exceptionally friendly.
How far to I75 from Village Walk? What is the price range for a 2 bedroom with garage in Village Walk? Does the complex allow owners to rent their property or are there limitations? thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area