U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM

657 posts, read 1,723,526 times

Advertisements

well as some of you know i moved down to bradenton in aug of last year.. we have been so happy. life is falling into place, jobs are secure now. things are feeling like they are going in the right direction..
then the condo we are renting, had a mold issue. that was a huge nightmare.. dealing with the whole thing and the owner of the place and what he "leagally" was responsible for.. our health was not one of the things.. my youngest child has been getting these upper respitory infections.. 4 since sept.. we discoverd the mold prob march and the owner was mad that we didnt notice it sooner.. we had no idea, it was growing along the floor behind the furniture and up the walls where stuff was against the wall. then it started to smell real bad, we couldnt breath and our eyes were tearing.. this happend in a matter of days, not even knowing to not being able to breath. it has been fixed but still dealing with some left over odor. we dont use one room. so to make matters worse, we signed a lease for 9 mos.. the owner decided he wanted to sell the place now.. well it sold in about a week.. so we were trying to get preapproved for a mortage, that was the plan anyway .. 9 mos we will buy, well.... we cant get a loan! we are on our second person and he dropped the ball, never calls back or returns emails.. ive given up with him.. so now i dont know who to go to.. the issue is lack of work history here in florida, because we just moved here. everything else is in check.. we were just informed that we can stay here and not rush out, from the new owners.. but if the new mold test comes back we have to move to another rental. then again when we buy. does anyone know of any brokers that may be able to help? funny thing is, we will probobly be paying more in rent than with a mortage, i wish they would look at that history.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 PM

385 posts, read 1,096,437 times
I think you are going to have a difficult time acquiring a mortgage with little job history and length of time at your current residence. I'm sure there may be other factors as well. Hopefully someone can recommend someone good that can shoot it to you straight after reviewing everything. In the meantime, I would get out of that condo asap. If you have to move twice so what, you need to take care of yourself and your family.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:06 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,353,998 times
Hedzup,
Sorry to hear about the mold problem. Renting is a difficult thing to deal with, many landlords were struggling just to keep their heads above water, and have sold houses, condos, etc.... right out from under tenants for the past couple years. And, often they have no chance of getting thier deposit back, and it may have been sold right after you paid your rent. Its tough.

Mortgage companies from what I understand are taking forever to approve financing on homes, regardless of your qualifications. Someone told me that Calusa Bank, has been pretty straight forward, and easy to get financing though, once they qualify you. With others, the process never seems to end.

I hope you find something soon, and I'm glad all the other important things are working out. Keep moving forward, and stay strong. :-) You know you're going to succeed - no matter how difficult it seems.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:46 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,001,985 times
Im sorry your having so many problems-- Im here for you!!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:16 AM

657 posts, read 1,723,526 times
thanx!! i heard from the broker yesterday, he is still working on the approval, lets hope he comes through, if not ill look into calusa. thanx for that!

Old 05-23-2010, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,835 times
have you considered a rent-to-own option? It will help you get approved eventually(usually 1-2 years down the road). Or looked into owner-financed properties? If you are interested, I can put you in the loop (you can register at my site and I can match your needs with available properties).
Just a suggestion as an alternative plan if the traditional route does not meet your needs! Welcome tothe area!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:35 PM

4,850 posts, read 13,505,778 times
If you have mold in your apartment & are experiencing health issues, the owners should be reported to the Department of Health. My children no longer live in Florida due to health issues caused by mold; this is no laughing matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area