U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
 
14 posts, read 65,821 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Sarasota/Bradenton in Sept and are considering the following 3 apartments. I've included links to Google Maps for each one so you can easily see where they are located.

Any info you can give me on the apartments (are they nice, well-kept, etc) or the areas (crime, traffic, etc.) would be much appreciated!

Cimarron Lake Apartments
5479 DeSoto Parkway Sarasota, FL 34234


Bay Club (Schooner Bend)
2305 46th Avenue West Bradenton, FL 34234


Aaron Lake Apartments
4325 40th Street West Bradenton, FL 34234


Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2010, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Where the sun always shines..
1,939 posts, read 5,917,273 times
Reputation: 817
IMO I wouldn't go near those places- sorry to say but none of them are in desirable areas. If youre looking in Bradenton, stay West of 59th..I can recommend some places ?? What are you looking to be near, how old are you? Details will help: )
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Port Charlotte
19 posts, read 40,298 times
Reputation: 19
DeSoto Pkwy is right at the end of the runway of Sarasota airport. The area is not bad but I bet it would be very loud at times. I have a friend who lives a little west of there and she thinks the neighborhood is great. It is not far from the Ringling Museum of Art and some nice restaurants. It takes a while to get to the beach because there is not a bridge right there.

The Bradenton apartments should be quieter but Sarasota is a nice place to live.

I know of no reason to think one area would be better or safer than the other. Thee are not what one would consider high crime areas but no matter where you live, common sense is the best protection. I am sure you will be happy in either.

You may want to check these websites or call the sheriff office to ask about any specific problems in the complexes. Sarasota Sheriff and Manatee County Sheriff's Office - Home
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
 
14 posts, read 65,821 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
IMO I wouldn't go near those places- sorry to say but none of them are in desirable areas. If youre looking in Bradenton, stay West of 59th..I can recommend some places ?? What are you looking to be near, how old are you? Details will help: )
Really? Not desirable because of crime or run down or what? Police dept. said to stay away from 1st street corridor - either go closer to the beach, or east of the interstate.

We're looking to be near the beach (within 15 minutes) and close to basic shopping (grocery store). Seems most anywhere meets those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoasteam View Post
DeSoto Pkwy is right at the end of the runway of Sarasota airport. The area is not bad but I bet it would be very loud at times. I have a friend who lives a little west of there and she thinks the neighborhood is great. It is not far from the Ringling Museum of Art and some nice restaurants. It takes a while to get to the beach because there is not a bridge right there.

The Bradenton apartments should be quieter but Sarasota is a nice place to live.

I know of no reason to think one area would be better or safer than the other. Thee are not what one would consider high crime areas but no matter where you live, common sense is the best protection. I am sure you will be happy in either.

You may want to check these websites or call the sheriff office to ask about any specific problems in the complexes. http://www.sarasotasheriff.org]Sarasota Sheriff[/url] and http://www.manateesheriff.com]Manatee County Sheriff's Office - Home[/url]
Thanks! I'm not too concerned about the airplanes. We live half a block from a train track now and it doesn't bother us. I'd be more concerned about loud parties or the like.

I talked with the Police and Sheriff dept's...so far the info I've gotten from them seems to indicate they are fine.

Thanks for your input.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Where the sun always shines..
1,939 posts, read 5,917,273 times
Reputation: 817
I live in Bradenton and IMO many areas are crime ridden with gangs and break ins..The place on Desoto-ok, I'll give you that one. Anyone else who lives in Bradenton will tell you to stay away from the other places...Why those places? There are many other options that are nicer and not too far from beaches..unless youre on a super tight budget--then you are going to get what you pay for..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 04:46 PM
 
14 posts, read 65,821 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Why those places? There are many other options that are nicer and not too far from beaches..unless youre on a super tight budget--then you are going to get what you pay for..
Well, we looked for apartments that had all the features we wanted, were within our budget (under $900 for 2BR), and were well-rated on various review sites. These 3 were on top of the list.

I've seen a couple other people that say Bradenton is full of crime. But that confuses me, because it has a lower crime index than Sarasota...

Thanks for the help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 PM
 
475 posts, read 833,974 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjthompson View Post
My wife and I are moving to Sarasota/Bradenton in Sept and are considering the following 3 apartments. I've included links to Google Maps for each one so you can easily see where they are located.

Any info you can give me on the apartments (are they nice, well-kept, etc) or the areas (crime, traffic, etc.) would be much appreciated!

Cimarron Lake Apartments
5479 DeSoto Parkway Sarasota, FL 34234


Bay Club (Schooner Bend)
2305 46th Avenue West Bradenton, FL 34234


Aaron Lake Apartments
4325 40th Street West Bradenton, FL 34234

Thanks in advance!
My folks checked out Cimmarron in person and gave it a thumbs down.I think it was based on upkeep and/or location.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Where the sun always shines..
1,939 posts, read 5,917,273 times
Reputation: 817
Are you going off reviews on websites?? If so, I have found them to be terribly inaccurate..have you tried Vista at Palma Sola on 75th st in Bradenton?..far enough west to be a safe area, its very well kept, nice clientle-professional and in your price range..we almost rented there and are sorely regretting it! Good luck in your search!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
 
14 posts, read 65,821 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Are you going off reviews on websites?? If so, I have found them to be terribly inaccurate..have you tried Vista at Palma Sola on 75th st in Bradenton?..far enough west to be a safe area, its very well kept, nice clientle-professional and in your price range..we almost rented there and are sorely regretting it! Good luck in your search!
I must admit I have been somewhat nervous about the accuracy of the reviews.

Vista at Palma Sola looks great! It's in a high-risk flood zone, though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Where the sun always shines..
1,939 posts, read 5,917,273 times
Reputation: 817
hahah don't worry about the high risk flood zone.. anything west of 75th St is a flood zone..only because it's closer to the beaches. This area hasn't been hit with heavy waters in 20+ years. Vista is very nice--they run extensive backgrounds checks also so they have decent people around. The apartments are nice, especially if you can get a lake view! You can also look into The Springs at Palma Sola--on 66th-pretty nice also, but the apartments are a bit from the parking so we opted not to go there. They have garage options also if they have them available..both of these are much nicer than the others you listed, close to the beaches and some fun places nearby depending on what you like...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top