Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM

47 posts, read 158,479 times

Advertisements

Greetings all. Just relocated to Savannah and I am loving it. I was just curious in regard to what is the best movie theather is? I am wanting to see Piranha 3D this weekend and I have no idea which cinema is the best and the safest.

Thank you all and have a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 01:30 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
They're all equally safe. Look, if you're from NO or Baton Rouge, it's no big deal. Relax.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:01 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,171,306 times
There's one on Victory. It's the only one I've found so far. It doesn't have enough screens to show all the big movies that are out at a time.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:55 PM

AuburnAL, there are also newer, larger theaters on Stephenson Ave. and out behind the Savannah Mall way out on Abercorn. I think there are two big theaters there, side by side.

But don't get your expectations up, if you're looking for actual good films. Savannah is notorious for not showing anything except the most banal blockbusters possible.

But, I think there's an oddball film festival coming up at Victory Square Cinemas that's supposed to be good.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
They're all equally safe. Look, if you're from NO or Baton Rouge, it's no big deal. Relax.
No need to get all defensive for I was merely asking a question. And I beg to differ for all the areas ARE NOT safe. If you were visiting New Orleans and asked the same question, I would answer it with nothing but kindness. Geez.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
There's one on Victory. It's the only one I've found so far. It doesn't have enough screens to show all the big movies that are out at a time.
Yeah that's the one near me. I wasn't sure if there was a newer one with nicer screens or what not. I wish they had an IMAX here.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 PM

399 posts, read 2,253,423 times
I'm from N.O. and I understand....the theaters on Stephenson and Eisenhower are very safe. The ones behind Savannah mall (sorry, I forget the street names) are ok, too. I don't think I would ever attend one on Victory. Last time I did, and it was long, long, long ago, it was sketchy :{

Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigafan View Post
I'm from N.O. and I understand....the theaters on Stephenson and Eisenhower are very safe. The ones behind Savannah mall (sorry, I forget the street names) are ok, too. I don't think I would ever attend one on Victory. Last time I did, and it was long, long, long ago, it was sketchy :{
Thank you.

I love New Orleans like no other city in the world, yet I would understand if someone that just moves had questions regarding certain areas. I know all about Savannah and I love it here as well.

Does the Tiga happen to be LSU?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:58 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
I agree, you can do better than the one on Victory Drive. There is a good complex at the Eisenhower shopping plaza, another on Stephenson Ave. and another behind the Savannah Mall.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy the Pooh View Post
No need to get all defensive for I was merely asking a question. And I beg to differ for all the areas ARE NOT safe. If you were visiting New Orleans and asked the same question, I would answer it with nothing but kindness. Geez.
I don't think I was being defensive, sorry. I've been here for so long and have never prioritized Savannah's movie theaters by safety. Convenience, yes. Safety, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: