Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:14 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times

Advertisements

I may regret sharing this but what the @&!$ ...

Tonight (Sat) I went out with some friends downtown and couldn't help thinking what some of the morons on this site would have thought if they'd been along for the ride.

FIRST we went to dinner on River Street, and sitting across from us was a cute lesbian couple all lovey-dovey. Nobody gave a rat's @$% and several people stopped by and told them what an attractive pair they made.

AFTER THAT we popped into a bar for a "to-go" beverage and waited behind THREE mixed-raced couples holding hands in front of us.

THEN walking down River Street we bumped into an all-girl (is there any other kind?) Bachelorette Party from out-of-town all decked out in neon wigs and faux jewelry -- drunk as Cooter Brown.

NEXT we went to City Market and hung out for awhile with some biker chicks who'd stopped in town over for the night on their way from NYC to Miami.

EVENTUALLY we made it to Club One for a jam-packed drag show, where we cut up with a cool Latino chick who was there with her brother and his boyfriend, met some guys in town from NYC and partied with another dude here from L.A. for his birthday.

FINALLY when the bars closed we went to Sweet Melissa's and stood in line with the club kids and punks and skaters and gangstas and posers and everybody else of any shape and size and color and dress (or lack thereof) to get dogs and slices to nosh on.

ON THE WAY HOME I couldn't help but think how people in other parts of the country (and on this site) have NO IDEA how fun and cool and diverse it is here in Savannah and much of the South. And I wasn't sure if I should feel sorry for them or grateful they haven't ruined this little slice of quirkiness.

Thanks for letting me share. GOOD NIGHT!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 08:50 AM

47 posts, read 158,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post

Tonight (Sat) I went out with some friends downtown and couldn't help thinking what some of the morons on this site would have thought if they'd been along for the ride.

FIRST we went to dinner on River Street, and sitting across from us was a cute lesbian couple all lovey-dovey. Nobody gave a rat's @$% and several people stopped by and told them what an attractive pair they made.

AFTER THAT we popped into a bar for a "to-go" beverage and waited behind THREE mixed-raced couples holding hands in front of us.

THEN walking down River Street we bumped into an all-girl (is there any other kind?) Bachelorette Party from out-of-town all decked out in neon wigs and faux jewelry -- drunk as Cooter Brown.

NEXT we went to City Market and hung out for awhile with some biker chicks who'd stopped in town over for the night on their way from NYC to Miami.

EVENTUALLY we made it to Club One for a jam-packed drag show, where we cut up with a cool Latino chick who was there with her brother and his boyfriend, met some guys in town from NYC and partied with another dude here from L.A. for his birthday.

FINALLY when the bars closed we went to Sweet Melissa's and stood in line with the club kids and punks and skaters and gangstas and posers and everybody else of any shape and size and color and dress (or lack thereof) to get dogs and slices to nosh on.

ON THE WAY HOME I couldn't help but think how people in other parts of the country (and on this site) have NO IDEA how fun and cool and diverse it is here in Savannah and much of the South. And I wasn't sure if I should feel sorry for them or grateful they haven't ruined this little slice of quirkiness.

And that is why I love this city. No other part of Georgia is like it. Awesome post.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post

Yep, I'm in and out of Savannah frequently and this sounds like the city I know as well.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:35 PM

23 posts, read 56,027 times
Interesting night, but nothing really exciting happens in Savannah or this entire state on the regular.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Philadelphia View Post
Interesting night, but nothing really exciting happens in Savannah or this entire state on the regular.
And Philly has been the supreme mecca of fun since when?

Old 08-22-2010, 01:56 PM

23 posts, read 56,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy the Pooh View Post
And Philly has been the supreme mecca of fun since when?
Georgia is fun if you enjoy sprawl, chain stores or high crime small cities. Sorry, I'm just used to a different standard of living.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Georgia is fun if you enjoy sprawl, chain stores or high crime small cities. Sorry, I'm just used to a different standard of living.
If you like a city that tries too hard to be like NYC, I guess Philly is ok.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:58 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Get over yourself, Filthydelphian.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:25 PM

369 posts, read 1,232,423 times
Ha. Just came across this thread. Excellent point. I'm with you. There are a lot of trolls on this website. We have them on the Memphis board as well. I've checked other cities' boards and it seems almost every city has them. I guess this website is where a lot of them come to vent their anger.

By the way. Awesome picture thread you guys have. I'm definitely going to visit after seeing those pictures.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Nice post, Newsboy. The heart of Savannah has a lot going for it. The outskirts and burbs, on their own, are no different than most US cities. What makes the city unique is what's going on in the Historic District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area