U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 06:36 AM

175 posts, read 375,050 times

Advertisements

I have been here since Dec, and have had one big roach (Not a big deal) And spiders YIKES!!! I hate spiders, and killed a brown recluse on my wall the other day! And I have also seen some good sized hairy looking ones outside of my house. Now, my house backs up to a wooded area with water, so I kinda expect it.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:27 AM

55 posts, read 104,720 times
They make waterproof mascara and eyeliner and with the tan you'll get hanging out at Tybee you won't need foundation or concealer. Just remember to pack your capri's and cute strappy sandles (no one wear tennis shoes except tourists). Also they make humidity proof hairspray.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:42 PM

I come from SoCal (Riverside county) and I like it better here even though its only been a few months

Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM

5 posts, read 11,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ruehl View Post
I come from SoCal (Riverside county) and I like it better here even though its only been a few months
I-Ruehl - we could have been neighbors in California. I'm in the Temecula area so we both have knowledge of weather and such. The traffic here (as you know) makes going anywhere an 1 1/2 commute UGH!! I'm hoping it isn't the same in Savannah. I'm going be searching for an apartment or house to rent initially (have been warned to stay away from marshlands). Thanks for your input!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:14 PM

5 posts, read 11,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepforgettingusername View Post
They make waterproof mascara and eyeliner and with the tan you'll get hanging out at Tybee you won't need foundation or concealer. Just remember to pack your capri's and cute strappy sandles (no one wear tennis shoes except tourists). Also they make humidity proof hairspray.
Keepforgettingusername --- Thanks for the heads-up on humidity proof hairspray (didn't know there was such a thing) and to avoid tennis shoes (which I rarely wear anyway). Capri's, sundresses and cute sandals are the key -- which is perfect as that's what's already in my closet. Thanks for your help!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:32 PM

Oh snap, I am from Hemet LOL!

Old 02-16-2011, 09:40 AM

17 posts, read 177,567 times
Big Roaches and roaches and even more roaches lol. I m from Germany and until we moved to GA I've never seen a roach that big! Sitting on the porch at night is the worst. We also had a lot of lizards..ew.
For the roaches I had the pest control come and spray every 2 month which worked really well, also not having trash or food out helps. Sadly our stupid neighbors weren't really bothered by roaches nd had their trash sitting out for days!

It does get well over a 100 during the summer and it stays hot at night, I personally loved it though. I really miss GA!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 4,622 times
Default lol

That City Hall bit was very funny. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or