U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:33 PM

Location: Denver until May, then Alaska for the Summer, and then, finally, Savannah, GA
16 posts, read 65,674 times

Advertisements

Good luck to you, Blakesq! My hubby and I are moving down to Savannah this fall and we're hoping for a quick in, as well, to our respective fields (he's in political and economic resource management, I've always done EA work), but we too think Savannah seems to have a healthy economy. We're escaping the chill of Colorado. Have you looked into the rural areas around Savannah? I don't know much about them, but you can get a pretty darn good deal on some land with a little hobby farm for your family. We've also found a few nice looking work/live places in the Historic district while we have been perusing the real estate listings... Bellhead probably can weigh in on this, but Tybee Island appears to have a nice real estate market, too, and that would get your wife to the beach.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 07:09 AM

40,400 posts, read 49,956,981 times
You should look in Guyton. We did not find what we were looking for there when we were looking, but it looks like such a cute little town close to Savannah.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area