Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 PM

9 posts, read 47,117 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are moving to Brunswick. We have a 4 years old who will be going to the nearest elementary school . We also want to stay near by SPUR(Gloden isles parkway/GA-25). Not so much a beach bum...So we are not looking at St. Simons island. Our price range is around $900 for condo rental.
We have shortlisted the following subdivisions. We are mostly concerned about the safety of these subdivisons and areas, as well as the quality of the elementary schools in these areas. But the realtors cannot comment on this. Can you please let us know among the three areas which will be the best, safety and school wise? We will really appreciate if you can comment on each of the area/subdivisions specifically.
1. Azalea Place - (On old Cypress Mill Road, close to Community road and Altama Avenue crossing)- Goodyear Elementary school
2. Caleb's crossing - (On Altamaha Blvd, extension of Canal Rd, Harry Driggers Blvd) - Greer Elementary school
3. Turtle Creek - (Going west on Golden Isles Parkway/GA 25 SPUR after crossing I-95 within a minute on left) - Golden Isles Elementary school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 11:12 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Hi! I used to live at Fox Run @ The Landings on Driggers Blvd (Canal Road Extension) near the airport and right off Golden Isles Parkway. From I-95 turn LFT at the Racetrack station; it's about 3 miles down, close to a very good elem school and middle school. The community is gated with private lake, beach, pool, tennis courts, clubhouse, etc. I had a large 1 BR w/ loft and paid $780/mo. When I moved away a little over a year ago they begged me to stay because vacancies were so high (the economy). I would definitely recommend it for a family. Good luck.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:38 PM

9 posts, read 47,117 times
Hi, Thanks Newsboy. I ultimately rented out a Townhouse on Driggers Blvs. Just next to Fox Run apartments/condo that you mentioned. It's really a great area. The schools are really great. Also it is so close to the mall and SPUR and I-95. I loved the area. The rent is pretty cheap. I am renting out a 3 BR/2.5 bath 2 storied new townhouse only for 900....Thanks all

Old 08-01-2010, 03:47 PM

15 posts, read 39,901 times
Azalea Place used to be nice, now it has a lot of section 8. Fox Run and Calebs Crossing are nice and pretty safe. They are also close to a huge sport complex and walking trails, shops and restaurants are also close by. You should be able to find something comfortable and nice for less than $900.00.
Turtle Creek is ok too.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,136 times
I am a retired professional (worked in travel for 45 years) and because I am 64 and on Social Security I qualify for "section 8" housing....does anyone know of a nice apt complex close to St. Simons Island? Many thanks!!! I also have a retired grey hound that I adopted 5 years ago.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 AM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle3181 View Post
I am a retired professional (worked in travel for 45 years) and because I am 64 and on Social Security I qualify for "section 8" housing....does anyone know of a nice apt complex close to St. Simons Island? Many thanks!!! I also have a retired grey hound that I adopted 5 years ago.
These are on the island; very attractive and well-located. Most amenities are within walking distance, as one of the island's major shopping areas (Retreat Plaza) is next door.

Island Retreat Apartments, 2500 Demere Road, St. Simons Island, GA 31522, Apartments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area