U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 AM

175 posts, read 374,861 times

Advertisements

Well, it turns out the meter guy was just 'guessing' according to GA Power. We have 2 large pups and a lock on the gate, so he just guessed a number. We just meet the number of kilowatts he 'guessed' we used last month. We were charge 300 for power we just reached, and 700$ this month for power we probably wont reach till the end of summer. Now, what I don't get is why he never knocked on the door and asked me to bring the dogs in? I have waved at him the last 3 times he came around, and he just stood on the side of my house and wrote any ole number that came to his mind instead of knocking on my door???? Guess I need to take down the beware of dog Singh and put up one that says "GA POWER MAN, KNOCK ON MY DOOR AND I WILL PUT MY STUPID PUPS AWAY!"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 10:56 AM

16,719 posts, read 16,128,545 times
If I were you, I'd get with GA Power and have another meter reading, as well as have your bills from the last couple of months averaged back, and then averaged forward. You can have your bill adjusted for the entire year.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:00 AM

1,939 posts, read 4,169,313 times
I love SAV though, it is no worse than CHS, NO, or Hou.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:58 PM

110 posts, read 148,605 times
Has anyone noticed: Lately the whether has been nice (below 100, LOL), then the sun will get so hot, that the water literally boils in front of your eyes, returns to the sky, then there are massive thunderstorms. Then the temperature will be tolerable, then rise up, and the cycle repeats....this stinkin' heat!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 PM

7,100 posts, read 25,285,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsavannahian View Post
Has anyone noticed: Lately the whether has been nice (below 100, LOL), then the sun will get so hot, that the water literally boils in front of your eyes, returns to the sky, then there are massive thunderstorms. Then the temperature will be tolerable, then rise up, and the cycle repeats....this stinkin' heat!
This is what Mother Nature does just about every summer. You get used to it after about 40-50 years.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:56 AM

110 posts, read 148,605 times
22 years living here, and I don't think I could ever get used to.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:10 AM

I grew up in the desert, where it hit 113 on the regular. But it was a dry heat. They kind that makes your eyes suck into your head, and nose bleeds and such. Here its like stepping into a wall of HOT jello.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 AM

One more thing, Since this area is in a 'drought' I was wondering if in an average year it is greener looking? Plants more lush?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 AM

7,100 posts, read 25,285,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ruehl View Post
One more thing, Since this area is in a 'drought' I was wondering if in an average year it is greener looking? Plants more lush?
Lawns need mowing more often, even without additional watering. Bushes grow more. More weeds. Yes, I guess you could say things are more lush.

What we can go by in the area is the additional need for water in gardens etc. I kid you not, I seldom watered shrubbery or lawn.

And NO, I don't think that anyone ever get accustomed to the humidity. We just learn to make the best of a bad situation and look forward to the winter and spring. It's difficult to explain to people what humidity is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area