Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM

3 posts, read 11,767 times

Advertisements

I want to move to Savannah in Februray and I was wondering how I could find a roommate. I will have a BA degree in studio art and think I want to be around the SCAD community or something, so where exactly is that community is Savannah? And about the crime, I'm from NYC and there are shootings and robbings and everything else all the time on the news but I myself have never been robbed, although I know people who have been shot stabbed and mugged. So, like, should I be concerned or not. Is it like if you are aware of your surroundings you can stay out of trouble? Thats how it is in NY for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
Are you planning to WORK at SCAD? Or go to school there? The school has class rooms all over the Historic District. It does not have a regular campus.

If you are just coming here to live around the area where SCAD is, I suggest that unless you have a lot of money and a means of support, it's going to be expensive. You may have a lot of trouble finding employment in your field.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 11,767 times
what expensive? nyc is crazy expensive. i have money saved up im gonna live on til I get a job. i just wanna live around artsy people, im not going to scad, its too expensive.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:35 PM

214 posts, read 900,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimeNYC View Post
I want to move to Savannah in Februray and I was wondering how I could find a roommate. I will have a BA degree in studio art and think I want to be around the SCAD community or something, so where exactly is that community is Savannah? And about the crime, I'm from NYC and there are shootings and robbings and everything else all the time on the news but I myself have never been robbed, although I know people who have been shot stabbed and mugged. So, like, should I be concerned or not. Is it like if you are aware of your surroundings you can stay out of trouble? Thats how it is in NY for the most part.
You are going to want to live in the historic district. The SCAD campus and community is spread out over the Historic District. An area that SCAD has focused on turning into a type of artsy area is called the Starland District. It is south of Forsyth Park about a mile from downtown. A good way to find a roommate is to look in the SCAD news - http://www.scad.edu/
or craigslist, or just call SCAD.

The crime is just like you said just be aware of your surroundings - don't be out walking alone in the middle of the night in certain areas, and you will be ok.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:37 PM

726 posts, read 3,603,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimeNYC View Post
And about the crime, I'm from NYC and there are shootings and robbings and everything else all the time on the news but I myself have never been robbed, although I know people who have been shot stabbed and mugged. So, like, should I be concerned or not. Is it like if you are aware of your surroundings you can stay out of trouble? Thats how it is in NY for the most part.
I've lived in and around the City, and Minneapolis and Atlanta and Jackson and Savannah and you have it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area