U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 08:02 PM

22 posts, read 54,637 times

Advertisements

There is a possibility that I may move to Hinesville in the future for a job. Currently, I live in Statesboro so I'm used to living in a relatively small town but the commute for the kind of job is just too far.

All of my online searches for housing in that area turn up military housing. What are the best places or areas to look for non-military rentals in the area?

Also, right now I'm living in Statesboro and commuting to a low-paying position in Savannah. I don't like commuting so I'd like to Hinesville proper or as close to town as I can. (No Richmond Hill, etc.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 01:59 PM

42 posts, read 138,221 times
Hi, sorry for the late response. Are you still thinking of moving to Hinesville? I am not sure what you are searching for housing wise. As far as I know there aren't any off post rentals that are strictly military. However the listing might say something like "military clause" or that they have specials for military. Is that what you're seeing?
Depending on what you are looking for there are certainly some housing bargains to be had here. Let me know if i can be of more assistance, I moved to Hinesville fairly recently.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM

4 posts, read 6,617 times
Default Housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_dw View Post
There is a possibility that I may move to Hinesville in the future for a job. Currently, I live in Statesboro so I'm used to living in a relatively small town but the commute for the kind of job is just too far.

All of my online searches for housing in that area turn up military housing. What are the best places or areas to look for non-military rentals in the area?

Also, right now I'm living in Statesboro and commuting to a low-paying position in Savannah. I don't like commuting so I'd like to Hinesville proper or as close to town as I can. (No Richmond Hill, etc.)
I have just moved here to Hinesville from Maryland and I have found alot of housing for rent in this area. But it depends on what you want to pay. At the moment i am renting a quaint little 2 bedroom house for 475.00 and i love it but its getting a little too small now since my son has come home lol so im looking for something a little bigger i have found a few that are 3 bedrooms and 900.00 a month. I have found these places just riding down nice neighborhoods and taking the numbers down and calling. Since i work 40 to 60 hours a week i dont really have time but i have found quite a few nice houses doing this. good luck to you. Trea

Old 12-31-2012, 07:27 AM

6 posts, read 11,254 times
Hinesville sucks big time

Old 12-31-2012, 07:53 AM

7,126 posts, read 10,228,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
Hinesville sucks big time

Rosalee----I guess you don't like it in Hinesville. 4 times over. careful you'll wear the keyboard out with all that fury.

But...I wish You A Very Happy New Year and hope things will get better for you and yours.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:21 AM

6 posts, read 11,254 times
You're right..I do not like Hinesville..It still sucks...and Thank-you Happy New Year too you also..Hinesville sucks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area