U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 12:40 PM

6 posts, read 23,201 times

Advertisements

I just got a job offer in downtown Savannah, and my wife wants to go back to get a masters--she's decided to go to Georgia Southern because of its proximity. I know that between Savannah and Statesboro are Pooler, Bloomingdale, Guyton, Ellabell, Black Creek, and Pembroke. I know absolutely nothing about these towns. How would you describe their attitudes/feels? We're 29 and 24, athletic/active, politically moderate, non-religious, like to be outdoors, and appreciate good restaurants. Are any of the towns between Savannah and Statesboro possible matches for this combo?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 PM

7,100 posts, read 25,249,368 times
What is your wife's course of Study? Could she get her master's at either Armstrong State University or Savannah State University? It could be a better fit for the two of you than trying to make it in one of those small towns. I think you would find them religious, politically conservative and few, if any, good restaurants.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:38 PM

6 posts, read 23,201 times
Unfortunately, the program she wants to pursue is not available at either Savannah State or Armstrong

Old 01-27-2012, 05:17 PM

10,280 posts, read 21,175,413 times
Are you planning to rent something? There are less conservative people dotted throughout the area. As long as you are moderate in your ways, anywhere will be okay. There are some newer, as well as established areas, around south Guyton (just west of Bloomingdale) that might be about right.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:28 PM

4 posts, read 17,356 times
When you get here, you better nail everything you own to the floor/ground or it will be stolen. Moderate is one thing, but how about quirkey? I came here as a tourist for years and loved the history of the city, BUT if the economy was better, I would sell my home I have restored and move. If you live in one of those towns you listed, you will have an abundance of trailer trash rednecks who think they are better educated than they are. When you go to one of the resturaunts to enjoy, you WILL be confronted downtown by homeless panhandlers and scammers trying to hit you up for cash. Wish I could tell you better things, but moving here you have my deepest sympathy.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:31 PM

40 posts, read 138,685 times
I couldn't agree more.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:44 PM

13,708 posts, read 18,282,702 times
^^^^ what a bunch of bull!

Old 02-24-2012, 03:47 PM

40,250 posts, read 49,757,290 times
I vote Pooler because it's growing and a lot of young people in the military live here. They are active and work out a lot. There is a YMCA with a good gym in Pooler. I don't know about the other places for young people, but I think Guyton is a cute little town. It seems to me that you would want to stay as close as possible to Savannah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or