Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 05:09 PM

73 posts, read 79,842 times

Advertisements

I whole hardily agree with the negatives above. I have been here 7 weeks for a job. It is the most messed up place for its size I have seen in my 60 years. White flight has made Pooler and Richmond Hill popular but the road congestion coming in and out of the city is horrible. There is a lot of noise in the area with Army planes and helicopters flying at all hours of the night. Cannon fire at 6:30 a.m.
Awful place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 11:26 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,107,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentmissing View Post
I whole hardily agree with the negatives above. I have been here 7 weeks for a job. It is the most messed up place for its size I have seen in my 60 years. .

The word is "wholeheartedly," not "whole hardily."

You mention traffic too, but there, Savannah is a victim of its own success: it's now the fastest-growing metropolitan area in the state. The downtown area is ten times more interesting than it was 20 years ago -- it's full of residents and visitors alike, and is a model for any southern downtown. The problems with Savannah are (1) the cost of housing, especially apartment rents, because Savannah has become popular with young people and retirees, (2) the job situation, for other than the hospitals, universities, and the public schools, jobs are not that plentiful, (3) road traffic is heavier than it was years ago, and (4) the crime rate is high, although the problem is always in certain neighborhoods and not others. An apartment with a rent of $600/month in Savannah is only possible in the "sketchy" neighborhoods of the city. I don't recommend it.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:03 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
I whole hardily agree with the negatives above. I have been here 7 weeks for a job. It is the most messed up place for its size I have seen in my 60 years. White flight has made Pooler and Richmond Hill popular but the road congestion coming in and out of the city is horrible. There is a lot of noise in the area with Army planes and helicopters flying at all hours of the night. Cannon fire at 6:30 a.m.
Awful place.
Ok,whatsyourname, I've had enough of you, so how about you just go away? You seem like a real *******.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:26 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
ok,whatsyourname, i've had enough of you, so how about you just go away? You seem like a real *******.
i whole hardily agree!!!

Old 03-26-2016, 04:46 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,696,751 times
Me two with my hole hard.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:00 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,274,543 times
Quote:
Awful place.
Gee sorry the men and women that defend your freedoms woke you up with a "cannon"! For 'traffic' I guess this is the biggest city you've ever been to?

Old 03-26-2016, 08:24 PM

974 posts, read 1,148,450 times
Exercising the ignore list has been good for my blood pressure with trolls who seem to have too much time on their hands, guys.
My Settings > Edit Ignore List > add troll

Old 03-27-2016, 05:06 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,696,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalGAGuy View Post
Exercising the ignore list has been good for my blood pressure with trolls who seem to have too much time on their hands, guys.
My Settings > Edit Ignore List > add troll

I see your point and way too many times I'm tempted to do just that. But on the other hand, it prevents you from understanding how many nut jobs are out there. Guys like him train you for life in a bigger arena...like Mr. Trump. I see little difference between whatshisname and Trump. Don't want to go off topic here and get my pressure up, but I'm sure you see where I'm going.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:35 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I see your point and way too many times I'm tempted to do just that. But on the other hand, it prevents you from understanding how many nut jobs are out there. Guys like him train you for life in a bigger arena...like Mr. Trump. I see little difference between whatshisname and Trump. Don't want to go off topic here and get my pressure up, but I'm sure you see where I'm going.
You just HAD to mention that name TRUMP .... #%&@!?

Old 03-28-2016, 08:22 AM

73 posts, read 79,842 times
Default I totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj42660 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree!!!! Run don't walk. Stay clear of this place. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. South Georgia is a horrible place to live. Some people love it, but the general concensus seems to be that it could drop off into the middle of the Atlantic. Unless you are home grown here I guarantee you will not like it here. I'm trying to get out.
luckily for me I stayed in a hotel while I check the area out and work a job.And the hotel had a $14.08 surcharge and tax.if you are from a horrible place you might like it here
but if you've ever lived in a decent place you will not like it.there are only two ways in and out of the city and the traffic is in good luck most of the time.I have no axe to grind and I'm telling everyone the truth.it is not as bad as let's say places like Atlanta Chicago Detroit Los Angeles.but there are many many other smaller towns much much better.
the air is also polluted by The Mills and various other things around.
the noise level is off the charts with airplanes and helicopters all hours of the day and night flying around from the army base located in the middle of the city.
I have talked to many many Natives and they say it's a horrible place.
but if you want to believe these AirHeads I think it's great go and move there and you'll find out.I'm trying to prevent a lot of Heartache
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area