Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,810 times

Advertisements

Im trying to find out about this town. My husband is in the military and we are getting relocated to Ft. Stewart. Was is the average driving time? Where is a good place to go to look for rental properties? If you have any info or advice please let me know!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:25 AM

3 posts, read 9,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.jason View Post
Im trying to find out about this town. My husband is in the military and we are getting relocated to Ft. Stewart. Was is the average driving time? Where is a good place to go to look for rental properties? If you have any info or advice please let me know!!!
We will be moving there in 2 weeks. I used South Coast Properties, they have a web sit. Ask for Cathy Hendry and tell her the guy from RI sent ya.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
It's about 45-50 mile trip, depending on your starting and stopping point. If this is to be a daily trip, you might want to think about how much gas is going to cost.

Richmond Hill is closer, again it will depend on where you will be.

Hinesville is the closest.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:58 PM

9 posts, read 26,199 times
I agree that Richmond Hill would be closer and pretty similar to Pooler as far as what the towns offer.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
mrs.jason...My son and his wife are at Hunter AA and are building in Pooler. They rent a nice apartment at Walden at Chatham, and are very happy with the complex...safe, gated and pretty.
I understand that Ft. Stewart is a distance away from Hunter, though, so maybe this wouldn't be as convenient for you.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,682 times
My wife and I are thinking of relocating and living in Pooler. I read an article that the area builders are trying to sell property to the industrial builders in this area? Has anyone heard or saw an article about this ? Also what builders are possibly selling land?

Old 08-01-2008, 05:05 PM

726 posts, read 3,603,836 times
Here is the latest:
Proposed warehouses irk Pooler neighbors | SavannahNow.com

With the slowdown it is happening everywhere developers are trying to move property anyway they can.

The Effingham residents lost this fight:
County OKs Exley tract plan
Petition Against Industrial Park Entering Your Backyard*-*Online Petition

Old 08-10-2008, 08:10 PM

4 posts, read 29,856 times
Default relocating to Pooler possiably

I have been considering moving to Pooler though I will be stationed at Stewart. Downside is from Pooler it may be quite a drive perphaps, so the supposedly idea would be Hinesville except that Hinesville is or rather has some high crime areas around and how can one be too certain of which areas. On the upside the communities in Pooler, seem, rather quiet and gated, more secure type of areas as well as nice.

Does any one have anything to offer or better details and information?

Old 08-11-2008, 01:33 PM

165 posts, read 507,712 times
I agree that Richmond Hill is probably a better bet than Pooler. It is very similar in what it offers (as already metioned) and I hear the schools are outstanding (if that is of any concern at this point in your life). I personally wouldn't do Hinesville...but Richmond Hill would be well worth your time to look at.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM

25 posts, read 128,754 times
Hey paradisejoe,

I answered some of you questions in another thread. Hope you find your right place. Even though Pooler is farther to drive, I would pick living there over Hinesville. As far as the drive, it should only add about 15-20 minutes to your daily drive taking I95.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area