Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:34 PM

99 posts, read 188,036 times

Advertisements

Savannah is the seedy filthy underbelly of GA. And if downtown isn't bad enough.......go to Derenne and Abercorn anytime of the day. One word for that area is MISERY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,930,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
In brief: he was too conciliatory in his first couple of years in office, the other half of the electorate blocked everything they could, even when they formerly agreed with certain concepts. And I don't think welfare reform and similar social programs were as pressing as a failing economy, two foreign wars, and health care reform. Not a perfect term, but the other side would just as soon the poor go off and die someplace out of sight.

AND -- It's not and shouldn't be a black man in the White House issue. He's a Dem, which means he's for the working class and other groups who make up the underclass. He's not gay but he finally acknowledged the right to marry. Not perfect, but how would that "interest group" fare if the other side had their way? Could it be prayed away?
I'd rep you if I could, but I need to spread it around some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agradywills View Post
Savannah is the seedy filthy underbelly of GA. And if downtown isn't bad enough.......go to Derenne and Abercorn anytime of the day. One word for that area is MISERY.
My friend, you need to get out of Savannah more often and visit the rest of the country to see true filth. Heck, you don't even have to leave the state of Georgia to find sights MUCH worse than what you see in the world of Savannah.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I'd rep you if I could, but I need to spread it around some more.

My friend, you need to get out of Savannah more often and visit the rest of the country to see true filth. Heck, you don't even have to leave the state of Georgia to find sights MUCH worse than what you see in the world of Savannah.
I stand by my quote. It is a depraved hedonistic $hit heap appealing to the lowest of character. Money is no doubt its prime motivator and it eats sleeps and breathes corruption. I don't live in Savannah but very close. I will be out of the Coastal GA area within 1 year I believe and it can't come too soon. Some may say I am jaded and one in a few but there are probably plenty out there who feel the same way. I've lived in N'ville, Dallas, New Orleans, Memphis and they all have their problems..........but they all have their redeeming qualities and character. Savannah is a facade.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,930,172 times
Quote:
I stand by my quote. It is a depraved hedonistic $hit heap appealing to the lowest of character. Money is no doubt its prime motivator and it eats sleeps and breathes corruption. I don't live in Savannah but very close. I will be out of the Coastal GA area within 1 year I believe and it can't come too soon. Some may say I am jaded and one in a few but there are probably plenty out there who feel the same way. I've lived in N'ville, Dallas, New Orleans, Memphis and they all have their problems..........but they all have their redeeming qualities and character. Savannah is a facade.
We're all entitled to our opinions but are you serious when you think Savannah is worse off than MEMPHIS and NEW ORLEANS?!? Wow.

Maybe you should live in the city proper before you go comparing Savannah so unfairly. I did. It was the best time of my life.

That said, to each his or her own & one less unhappy person in (or near) Savannah leaves Savannah better off. Nothing personal ya know.

BTW, Pooler & Richmond Hill, etc, etc are definitely NOT Savannah. Savannah should never be degraded because of shortfalls/problems in the suburbs.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:28 PM

23,338 posts, read 43,808,978 times
Quote:
Perhaps you would be happier in a place where the prevailing moral code is taken more seriously. Tehran, maybe? Islamabad? Riyadh?

Old 09-16-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Perhaps you would be happier in a place where the prevailing moral code is taken more seriously. Tehran, maybe? Islamabad? Riyadh?
I would admit Tehran, Beirut and Riyadh would be a little sketchier when it comes to moral codes..............................a little bit that is. Savannah is about perception; what vision they wish to convey to the outside world. It is a pretentious place full of pretentious people dead set on achieving what they want by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. It is a shallow depraved little hamlet insulated from its surroundings. It thrives on the goings-on and gossip spread from filthy mouth to eager ear. Savannahians will dislike everything I have to say about it but there are those who know the truth.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:03 PM

They don't call this area the LOWCOUNTRY for nothing.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:15 PM

11,370 posts, read 24,340,321 times
Mr. Willis, no one on this board is actively preventing you from returning to Missisippi.

Last edited by ellie; 09-16-2012 at 03:39 PM..

Old 09-16-2012, 05:08 PM

50,046 posts, read 63,394,930 times
Quote:
They don't call this area the LOWCOUNTRY for nothing.
Maybe you need to just take your meds?

Old 09-16-2012, 08:40 PM

23,338 posts, read 43,808,978 times
Quote:
I would admit Tehran, Beirut and Riyadh would be a little sketchier when it comes to moral codes..............................a little bit that is. Savannah is about perception; what vision they wish to convey to the outside world. It is a pretentious place full of pretentious people dead set on achieving what they want by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. It is a shallow depraved little hamlet insulated from its surroundings. It thrives on the goings-on and gossip spread from filthy mouth to eager ear. Savannahians will dislike everything I have to say about it but there are those who know the truth.
Sketchy? Au contraire, they're quite clear on it. And those who veer from it are usually put to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area