Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 07:49 PM

779 posts, read 973,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
What's any different about it and Logan's Roadhouse Southside?!
<p> I don't know other than the one in Pooler being 15 miles closer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 05:30 AM

50,373 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I tried Roma's Pizza in Bloomingdale yesterday. After being featured in the DO section Thursday, they were swamped. The pizza was good, and I will go back again.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
Logan's Roadhouse Pooler..my favorite place.
Well, we just tried it and it was not that great. We had an especially clueless server, so that didn't help.

Me: "I'll have the Roadhouse Burger and a side House salad."
Server: "Would you like Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing?"
Me: "Are those my only choices?"
Server: "No, but my manager says not to waste all that time telling everyone all the salad dressings."
The burger is supposed to come with fries, but she thought I wanted the salad instead.

DH: "I'll have the Steak Salad, but may I have it with Caesar dressing?"
Server: "Sure"
What he got was a Caesar salad (no eggs or other veggies) with some steak on it.

By this time, we just had to laugh.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
Default Tons of restaurants in Sac

I think we are blessed and cursed by living in Savannah, especially in the downtown area. On one hand we have hundreds of restaurants but on the other hand we have those restaurants that cater to tourists.Iwonder if those that cater to tourist, that use college students for help, that are on Bay or River street reallycare if the customer comes back.

Your thoughts and experiences ?

Old 09-08-2013, 05:47 AM

I think most restaurant owners try to give any diner a positive experience, but I guess it would figure that a restaurant would get more chances to be bad in a touristy area.
It seems to me that we are LESS likely to get young servers who either don't care, or are poorly trained, in the downtown restaurants than in the out lying ones. At least the servers tend to be college students and folks who live downtown, instead of high school dropouts.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
At least the servers tend to be college students and folks who live downtown, instead of high school dropouts.

I don't understand your point here. Are you really saying that a student going to SCAD would be more qualified to be a server than one without college ambitions?

Come to think of it, I have met and rented to SCAD graduates that are now servers in this new "reset economy".

Old 09-08-2013, 08:43 AM

779 posts, read 973,058 times
gentlearts; Most servers are just trying to make a dollar and they depend on TIPS. I don't think they even make minimum wage. Some of them have other jobs too. I don't expect too much when I go out to eat so I am not often disappointed but I always tip the same, good or bad. If the food is bad I always give management a chance to fix it. Even if they take it off the bill I still tip.

Last edited by counterclockwise; 09-08-2013 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 09-08-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I don't understand your point here. Are you really saying that a student going to SCAD would be more qualified to be a server than one without college ambitions?

Come to think of it, I have met and rented to SCAD graduates that are now servers in this new "reset economy".
I was speaking to your question about whether or not the touristy restaurants downtown care if their customers come back or not.
What I was trying to say, but failed I guess, is that I think most of the servers I've experienced downtown do care, and are more professional than the ones I've experienced in other areas. It is true that if a person is going to college, I assume that person has at least half a brain, and also that that person needs the job, and takes it seriously.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:18 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Maybe Gentlearts should become a server, too?

Old 09-08-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is true that if a person is going to college, I assume that person has at least half a brain

Hmmmmm....not so sure about that but don't know how to discuss on restaurant reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area