Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 04:46 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,638,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
...." reasonably priced and suitable to take teenagers (who will eat anything)."
They don't eat table scraps...do they? Lol. Not too late to eat good stuff before they are off to college for four years of back to " eating anything". I know it's hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 05:47 AM

50,023 posts, read 63,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
was the parking indiscreet?
lol

Old 01-09-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
I have enjoyed reading this thread! Savannah is a fun place to visit indeed. We have had a bit of a time hashing out which restaurants are there only for the tourist bucks (Moon River comes to mind - horrible) and the good stuff. I am not interested at all in the tourist crap. So far, we like Zuni's, Kayak, Crystal Beer Parlor and Henry's. We will add Betty Bomber (did I get that right?) to the list.

I would love your list of places to AVOID and places to absolutely go, reasonably priced and suitable to take teenagers (who will eat anything).
The Public on Bull St. is very good. I love to be on the roof for lunch on a sunny day. We always take visitors to Huc a Poos on Tybee for pizza and beer. Its an experience. I agree about Kayak Kafe.
I do not like Joe's Crab Shack at all. I doubt if there is a fresh piece of fish in the place.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:33 AM

1,939 posts, read 2,147,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
They don't eat table scraps...do they? Lol. Not too late to eat good stuff before they are off to college for four years of back to " eating anything". I know it's hard.
I just meant they have adventurous palates.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:05 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,795,001 times
Had a birthday dinner (not mine) with friends tonight at Blake's on Wilmington Island, in the former Troy / Grapevine spot. The owner is a young 25-yo chef and his wife, with the cutest little 6 month old baby you've ever seen. The menu is small, local, quite inventive and good ... we enjoyed a green tomato cheese dip, fish and chips, and penne pasta tossed with grilled chicken and andouille sausage in a cream sauce of some kind. Yum.

I highly recommend a visit to this place, if for no other reason than than the islands are short on good local restaurants and the young owners are real hard workers and could use the business.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:44 PM

779 posts, read 969,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
The Wendy icon on the Pooler Wendy's restaurant is black, not brown.
Pooler Wendy's sign replaced today. It is now a white Wendy (not that it makes any difference).

Old 01-19-2014, 08:19 AM

This makes me very curious. Does Wendy's routinely use black Wendy signage where the demographics skew that way? Who decides, and why did they change it? Interesting.

I've been all over the internet, including the official Wendy's website, and there is no mention of it. I'm wondering if the signage was just defective, so they replaced it.

Last edited by gentlearts; 01-19-2014 at 08:35 AM..

Old 01-29-2014, 04:27 PM

779 posts, read 969,213 times
What is going on with the former Don's Barbecue building in Pooler next to Grego's liquor store and across the street from El Potro? Somebody has been remodeling it for months. Any idea what it is going to be?

Old 01-30-2014, 05:54 PM

The new sign says something I don't remember, but it's a drive in, burger place. It looks like they've put some effort into the place. If they can really make a decent burger, instead of some awful frozen thing, there's hope for it.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:03 PM

Today we went to The Public for lunch. DH had a yummy burger, and I had beet leek soup and a chicken salad sandwich. Everything was good.
Here's the thing, though. Build your own Bloody Mary's seems like a great idea, but it has too many choices. I'd advise you just order a regular, which is probably less than $10.
It was a nice day to be downtown on Free Museum Sunday, the sun was shining and the smoke had cleared from the rubber fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area