Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 07:11 AM

473 posts, read 760,475 times

Advertisements

DH and I will be arriving in Savannah tomorrow. Second visit. Really enjoyed reading this thread and reading your (locals) perspectives on good dining in Savannah.

This time we'll definitely try to get to the Pink House and Mrs. Wilkes (if DH can stomach the long line). We'll also be having a couple of lunches on Tybee. Last time we ate at Coco's which was pretty good. Gentlearts, I was looking at North Beach, but was disappointed to see their fish is swai and tilapia.

Off the top of my head, last trip we ate at Henry's, Belford, Huey's, Blowin' Smoke, Vinnie's and River Inn (would definitely not go back).

I'm going to look up B. Matthews since you all have it such good reviews. Anyplace else we should consider? We're driving, so we can easily access other neighborhoods.

ETA: Forgot to add also looking to try Cotton & Rye.

Last edited by LittleMartha; 07-22-2016 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: Added another restaurant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 12:08 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Does Cotton and Rye serve fish?

Old 07-30-2016, 03:45 AM

Never did "restaurant week" before last night. I think the trick is to view the selections before hand ( the week began last night) and understand the potions might be a touch smaller, fine by me, and there are usually supplements on certain dishes.

I went to 45 Bistro and it was outstanding. No street parking of course but they have valet parking for $10. Went with that in a heartbeat.

BTW if you ever want to see the wealth of Savannah, old money, REAL old... Sit in the lobby of the Desoto Hotel on a night of a wedding, or major event, and do some interesting people watching. Free entertainment and quite a show.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:52 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Enjoying a mid-afternoon Sunday craft cocktail and Philly cheesesteak eagrolls at Hitch at Liberty and Drayton, the new sister restaurant to Treylor Park on Bay (Treylor Hitch -- get it?). It's a bigger and more upscale space but the menus are very similar -- inventive whimsical SOUTHERN fare: PB&J wings (!!), shrimp and grits tacos, chicken and biscuits, deep-fried Chicken Pot Pie (think chimichanga). Outstanding!

Friday night I again dined at CO Noodle House on Whitaker (across from Ruth Chris and the entrance to the parking garage). Can't say enough good things about this place. Great Vietnamese food with amazingly efficient service (in a very tight space). I sat there for the longest time just enjoying watching the staff hustle. It's always good to see people work this hard at a job.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:43 PM

Cohen's Retreat @ Skidaway Road

OMG just go! Go go go go go!

There are not enough words to describe the awesomeness of this amazing place!

Old 09-07-2016, 07:07 PM

Default Ele willmington

First time visit for me to this spectacular restaurant tonight. Early dinner in a setting that's hard to describe because it is so well designed, thought out for fine dining, and an oasis of peace and calm. Menu is so up my alley as I don't eat meat or poultry it's a no brainier.

Maybe not for tourist that has only a couple of days here but it's minutes from downtown and only a $12 Uber. Will certainly return.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:09 AM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Oh yes, ELE was one of the best meals I've had in Savannah. I found out about it from Roberto Leoci, who said it was where he went to have sushi. The sushi is almost too perfect to eat.
The chef had gone fishing that morning and caught our dinners, which consisted of a whole fried fish of some kind, positioned as if it was swiming. Awesome.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:15 AM

Next time try the sashimi. (No rice). It was crazy good!

Old 09-08-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh yes, ELE was one of the best meals I've had in Savannah. I found out about it from Roberto Leoci, who said it was where he went to have sushi. The sushi is almost too perfect to eat.
The chef had gone fishing that morning and caught our dinners, which consisted of a whole fried fish of some kind, positioned as if it was swiming. Awesome.
I prefer my fish not to look like it's still alive. Also, cooked.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:36 PM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I prefer my fish not to look like it's still alive. Also, cooked.
Me too, news. Not a big sushi fan, but i can appreciate the art of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area