Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2015, 08:46 PM

974 posts, read 1,148,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvick3 View Post
looking for Teresa Young from Savannah......Anyone know her?
My recommendation is to take your search off public forums. It's unfair to the woman you're searching for, since she can't protect information divulged here, if someone is uncool enough to share it publicly. Besides, why hijack an old thread like this? Get outta here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 673 times
Lot of memories. When I was 19 I started going to Bullfrog Springers on River Street. When I went there it was a small disco with a great crowd. Really good bartenders. A lot of good looking women went there to dance and it was just a good hangout for a young guy. I spent a lot of time there and enjoyed it. A woman I knew from going there introduced me to Gary Busey one night. I'm 6'1" and he was taller. He was in town filming the movie "Carney". Saw Mayor Rousakis with his daughter. She was really nice looking. All that was 37 or so years ago. Enjoy reminiscing about that place.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 325 times
Default Savannah Memories

Hi,
Just stumbled on to this site when I was trying to remember the night club in Savannah I did my 'under age dancing' in. Saw a 2012 post by Bloody Hammer who confirmed my guess that it was Stonehenge at the end of Abercorn Street. I had great times there. Started going when I was 16 - those were the days! - and would dance happily away from 8 until about 10 when I had to get my mom's car home! I have since moved to New York, Rome, London and have never found a club that started before midnight - some of us do have to get up and go to work the next day...
Anyway, I was in Savannah in the 70s and would be happy to share memories.
Really would like to talk about all the fabulous concerts at the Civic Center as I did not keep my ticket stubs - not my smartest move.
I do remember:
Humble Pie
J Geils Band
Cars
Lynyrd Skynyrd - of course! - they're my boys!
R.E.M.

tell me more!

Terry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area