Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:17 PM

20 posts, read 59,209 times

Advertisements

Hi!

Can anyone tell me what the new home market is like in the towns around Savannah? Bloomingdale, Guyton, Pooler, etc...Are there many spec homes sitting empty? Have any subdivisions gone bust? How is the foreclosure rate? The reason I'm asking is one source told me things are still alive and well in the Savannah area, and another told me there are several subdivisions on the brink of bankruptcy. What's the real scoop? Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 05:02 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
I do not know specifically, but here in Pooler there seems to be a lot of building still going on.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:09 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,979,249 times
The only thing going for Savannah right now is Pooler. The rest of the metro has just about come to a standstill as far as new residential development is concerned.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:52 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,473 times
there is a little bit of building in richmond hill too. but mostly all the building is in pooler, 2 movie theatres being built, lots of new subdivisions, new stores etc.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,311,095 times
I moved away from savannah 2 years ago and still own my home in pooler. I haven't been back since I moved... I was worried that the development would stop out there. glad to hear new businesses and entertainment are popping up!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,612,736 times
There are five in Coffee Point on the Southside...DRHorton is the builder.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Thanks for all your input. So I gather by these comments that Pooler is the place to be.

What is interesting and unusual about Pooler? Don't know if I mentioned, but we're approaching retirement (mid 60's) and want to retire somewhere that is quiet, perhaps a bedroom community, but yet something relatively close to hospitals and doctors. You know, even though we're in good shape and are active, we're at that age where we have to consider our health more now than ever before.

Are there subdivisions that are geared more toward the adults, (not near schools or playgrounds) or are they all a mixed bag of 1st time home buyers as well as "final home" buyers, with something in between? To give you some perspective, we currently live in a gated community (not as uppitty as it sounds), and there are no stores around for a couple miles. There are no major roads for about one mile. Hospitals and doctors are about 10 miles from us. We like this sort of environment, however, as I mentioned, approaching senior age it would be more reassuring to know that hospitals and doctors are nearby.

Also, didn't I read somewhere that there's an airport near Pooler??? How does that impact (if at all) those living around that area???

We hope to get down there around the end of Sept., so I'm trying to get "all the ducks in a row".

Thanks for your time. Your input would be immensely appreciated.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM

most the building is happening within a few miles of the airport and golfstream. seams the neighborhoods are being split up. go down benton blvd and theres a huge housing complex near the new k-8 school that is opening in fall. each section of this housing is geared towards different income levels. Starter family homes (still very nice) in one sub, mid level homes in another, all the way up to full brick 2 story homes, condos etc. all designed in their own areas. like with like. (income level not color).

Old 06-29-2010, 03:57 PM

Thanks, mike0618. That's great info. I'll Google the neighborhood you're talking about....maybe I can get some idea of what's there. Thanks again!

Old 06-29-2010, 07:18 PM

New Homes and Townhomes at Savannah Highlands | Real Estate near Savannah, GA

the highlands is the area I am talking about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area